Challenger Gray & Christmas
Ahead of a key government jobs report to be issued Friday, a Chicago firm said layoffs are picking up in the U.S.
A new survey finds that planned job cuts by employers picked up a bit last month but still were way below a year ago.
A local workplace analyst warned Tuesday that workplace bullying is affecting more than 50 million people across the country, and costing businesses the service of valued employees.
CHICAGO (CBS) — The outplacement firm Challenger, Gray & Christmas wrapped up its annual job advice hotline event Wednesday, and there was no shortage of takers. As WBBM Newsradio’s John Waelti reports, Challenger, Gray & […]
Starting Tuesday morning, Chicago outplacement firm Challenger, Gray & Christmas opens its phone lines to offer free advice to those looking for jobs.
Employers this month announced virtually the same number of job cuts as in October, according to the Challenger, Gray and Christmas monthly survey.
There is a glimmer of hope on the jobs front this Wednesday, as planned job cuts by businesses plummeted last month.
Fourteen million Americans are still looking for jobs – more than 423,000 in the Chicago area alone. But there’s hope on the horizon. Retailers are beginning to hang out the “for hire” signs for seasonal jobs for the holiday season.
Millions of workers sitting at their computers are busy — assembling their fantasy football teams. But one employment consultant sees no reason for employers to be upset, in most cases.
A couple of new economic reports Wednesday suggest a stronger job market but increased concerns about inflation.
The Chicago outplacement firm, Challenger, Gray & Christmas says planned job cuts soared again in February, the second straight month they’ve gone up.
- Some People You Should Know: The MelodeersIt all began when barbershop patrons started singing while waiting to get their hair cut. A century or so later, the Melodeers chorus is taking the music to a dazzling new height with 140 ladies singing in unaccompanied four-part harmony. CBS 2's Harry Porterfield reports.155
- Mother Of Student Pushed Down School Stairs ‘Enraged’ At Security GuardNew video surfaced Friday that appears to show sophomore Lauren Goodlow being pushed by a male security guard. CBS 2's Dorothy Tucker reports.329
- House Passes Concealed Carry Plan Opposed By Senate LeaderGun owners in the only state still banning concealed weapons would win that right under a plan approved by the Illinois House on Friday, but the governor and other powerful Democrats oppose the plan because it would wipe out local gun ordinances -- including Chicago's ban on assault weapons.220
- Two Shot Near Roosevelt CTA StationAround 11:10 a.m., a 57-year-old man and a 30-year-old man were shot in the 1100 block of South State Street.256
- Store Owner Kidnapped In Pilsen, SUV StolenPolice said the 78-year-old man was closing the store in the 1100 block of West 18th Street when a group of men threw a pillowcase over his head, hit him in the face, and forced him into his own SUV.248
- Man Found Shot To Death In Zion Supermarket Parking LotThe man found shot to death in a parking in north suburban Zion on Thursday afternoon has been identified as a Waukegan resident.152
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!