An Oswego police officer has been suspended after walking into a southwest suburban pizzeria with a gun, and yelling at employees while off duty.
The man who shot a couple in their Channahon apartment during a 2009 home invasion has been found guilty of murder and attempted murder.
Police say a drunken driver killed a 46-year-old Palatine man in a head-on collision in Will County on Friday.
Jurors in Christopher Vaughn’s family murder trial were shown graphic photos of the defendant’s dead wife and three children, and prosecutors claimed Vaughn planned the murders as part of an “exit scenario” to get away from a troubled marriage and start a new life in the Canadian wilderness.
After five years of legal proceedings and a few bizarre twists, the trial of a man accused of fatally shooting his wife and three children in an SUV in suburban Chicago is expected to begin Monday.
New questions are being raised in the case of a father from Oswego who stands charged with killing his wife and three children in 2007.
An Oswego man charged with killing his wife and three children in 2007 is set to go on trial starting in August.
Channahon Mayor Joe Cook was sentenced to two years’ probation and six months’ home detention Tuesday for failing to file tax returns.
Anticipating a “very rare” suicide defense from accused family killer Christopher Vaughn, a Will County judge ruled Thursday jurors may see several online chat messages and emails written by his late wife, Sun-Times Media is reporting.
A misunderstanding has led to an earlier-than-planned implementation of a telecommunications tax in Channahon.
A 26-year-old Joliet woman was sentenced to 61 years in prison on Monday in connection with the death of a Channahon man during a botched 2009 home invasion.
The village president of Channahon has admitted to failing to file federal income tax returns for four years.
Prosecutors want hundreds of pages of e-mails for the murder trial of Christopher Vaughn of Oswego, who is accused of killing his wife and three children in 2007.
The mayor of Kankakee is asking the City of Chicago and the Regional Transportation Authority to drop their lawsuits, which accuse her city and Channahon of allowing businesses to use their cities as havens to dodge Chicago sales taxes.
The Village President of Channahon has been slapped with federal charges for failing to file federal income tax returns for four years.
The City of Chicago and the Regional Transportation Authority each filed a lawsuit Tuesday, over retailers who are doing business in the city, but routing sales through “sham shops” in other cities where the sales taxes are lower.
More and more companies are finding a loophole, out of the high sales tax in some counties, but Chicago officials may try to put a stop to that.
An Oswego man charged with killing his wife and three children in 2007 might have been researching ways to fake his own death.
There were some scary moments Sunday night for a young woman in Channahon, after she had to be pulled from a river.
A southwest suburban woman found guilty of fatally shooting a man two years ago now faces a minimum of 56 years in prison.
- Jail Inmate Charged With Previous Murder, Shooting In RobbinsA Cook County Jail inmate faces new charges in connection with a 2012 murder and a separate 2011 shooting in south suburban Robbins, the Cook County Sheriff’s office announced Saturday.60
- Teen Hurt In Little Village ShootingA 14-year-old boy was shot in the arm Saturday afternoon in the Southwest Side Little Village neighborhood.86
- Man Charged With Videotaping Women In Hospital WashroomA poorly secured cell phone in a west suburban hospital washroom that a man had allegedly set up to secretly videotape women in the toilet area was discovered by a woman when the phone fell to the washroom floor on Friday. She alerted police, who then arrested and charged a 49-year-old Franklin Park man with unlawful videotaping.156
- Young Man Shot Outside Old Orchard Shopping CenterA young man was wounded in a shooting in north suburban Skokie Friday night, outside the Old Orchard Shopping Center.227
- 3 Dead, 8 Shot In Citywide ViolenceThree men were killed and at least eight other people were wounded in violence around the city since Friday night.167
- Orange Line Service Resumes After Train-Pedestrian IncidentCTA commuters were temporarily stymied on the Orange Line during the Friday rush hour after a train fatally struck a man on the tracks.401
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- OREO Text-In Giveaway May 6, 2013The OREO King Size single serve packs are ideal for on the go snacking and sharing. To celebrate OREO King Size packs, text the keyword “OREO” to 67011 to enter for your chance to win a $250 Visa gift card!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!