Prosecutors have dropped state charges against former Dixon comptroller Rita Crundwell, who has already admitted in federal court that she stole nearly $54 million in public money.
Lake County prosecutors have finally cleared the name of a man who served 20 years in prison for a crime he didn’t commit.
Escape charges have been dropped against a convicted bank robber who climbed out of a high-rise jail in downtown Chicago.
A local Iraq War veteran has been trying to clear his name, after he was accused of attacking a family member.
Charges have been dropped against a Los Angeles man who had been accused of attacking a Chicago Police officer during a protest in the days leading up to the NATO Summit.
Cook County prosecutors have dropped weapons charges against an elderly man who shot a teenage burglar who broke into his Englewood home last week.
A Lake County judge earlier this month granted a motion from defense attorneys quashing Michael Ditka’s DUI arrest and suppressing evidence from the arrest.
Prosecutors have dropped charges against four men in a 1994 Chicago murder case.
Waukegan police have re-opened the nearly 20-year-old investigation into the rape and murder of 11-year-old Holly Staker.
A 46-year-old Humboldt Park man who spent nearly half his life behind bars was freed from prison on Tuesday, after the lone witness in the case recanted his testimony.
Cook County prosecutors have dropped all charges against a 27-year-old man who had been accused of shooting two Chicago police officers last month.
A federal judge dropped two racketeering charges and a wire fraud count against former Gov. Rod Blagojevich on Thursday, a day after prosecutors sought to have the charges dropped.
Drug possession charges have been dropped against a River Grove teacher arrested in Chicago last month.
Prosecutors dropped charges Friday against a man who served eight years for murder after a legal clinic representing him said DNA tests proved his innocence.
- The List: Chicago Schools To Be ClosedThe Chicago School Board voted to close 49 underutilized or underperforming elementary schools on Wednesday as part of a plan to close a $1 billion budget deficit.492
- Board Votes To Close 49 Chicago Elementary SchoolsThe Chicago Board of Education on Wednesday voted to close 49 elementary schools, in what is believed to be the biggest single mass shutdown of schools in U.S. history.4834
- Lockdown Lifted At Morton West High SchoolMorton West High School has been placed on lock down for precautionary reasons after an unknown individual entered the building.558
- Former Glenbard East Student Accused Of Planning Columbine-Type AttackA 19-year-old former student at Glenbard East High School in Lombard was in custody on Wednesday, accused of planning a "Columbine-style" attack on the school, with a list of people he wanted to target.561
- Woman Robs North Side BankA woman robbed a Lakeview bank Tuesday afternoon on the city’s North Side.262
- Four Schools To Be Spared From Closing; Another To Be DelayedHours before a final vote by the Chicago Board of Education, Chicago Public Schools officials have agreed to back off of plans to close four of the 53 elementary schools targeted for closing at the end of the school year, Board Vice President Jesse Ruiz confirmed Wednesday morning.415
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!