Police are trying to nail down details about a man who was shot by an off-duty Merrillville police officer after the two engaged in a physical altercation outside of the Merrillville Planned Parenthood Health Center on Monday afternoon.
A Lemont middle school student who admitted to writing a bomb threat on a wall at Oakwood School will be charged as a juvenile, police said Tuesday, and her actions could result in expulsion and having to make restitution, according to the school’s student handbook.
Police have arrested one of two offenders involved in an armed robbery and shooting at a store in which the owners fought off the attackers with a baseall bat.
Three young men — ages 18, 19, and 20 — have been charged with the murder of a 73-year-old man who was shot dead as he sat outside on a neighbor’s porch on the South Side last October.
Murder charges have been filed against a man in connection with the shooting death of Janay McFarlane, 18, who was gunned down Friday just hours after her sister stood on stage with President Barack Obama as he delivered an address against violence.
A downstate man with a long criminal past has been charged in the death of a woman who was struck on the Bishop Ford Freeway.
Two Chicago men have been charged with the murder of Hadiya Pendleton, the 15-year-old high school honor student who was gunned down at a Kenwood neighborhood park late last month, only days after marching at President Obama’s inauguration.
An Evanston man has been charged with robbing nearly a dozen hair salons, authorities announced on Wednesday.
The mother of a man killed in a North Side car accident said Wednesday that she’s glad the other driver is facing justice on a felony charge of leaving the scene without calling the police.
The nephew of former Mayor Richard Daley pleaded not guilty on Monday to charges in the 2004 death of a young man during a fight on the near North Side.
Bond was set at $1,000 for a northwest suburban woman who kept nearly 100 animals — dogs, cats, rabbits and birds, some of them deceased — in a home until they were discovered late last month.
Bond was set at $350,000 Sunday for the driver in a hit-and-run incident Friday morning that critically injured an elderly pedestrian in the Uptown neighborhood.
The Class-B misdemeanor of “companion animal hoarding” carries a potential jail sentence of up to six months and $1,500 in fines, Aurora officials say.
Six male students at New Trier High School have been charged in a case involving photos sent through e-mail and text messages.
The father of a 17-year-old boy who was accidentally shot as the two struggled for control of a handgun at their Rogers Park home has been charged in connection with the incident.
A 14-year-old boy stands charged with the murder of a boy three years older, who was gunned down while walking with friends in the Oakland neighborhood earlier this week.
Officials in Stark County, Illinois have charged the mother of a 3-week old in the child’s disappearance yesterday, that caused an Amber Alert.
A Chicago police officer is facing a number of felony charges after allegedly having sex with a prisoner he promised to release from a lockup.
A suspect has been charged in the shooting that killed a 14-year-old boy on the west side of Evanston last weekend.
Exposure of a $7 million marijuana growing operation downstate has led to drug charges against two Chicago men.
- Student Pulled Over And Robbed By Phony Police OfficerA man driving an unmarked white Ford Crown Victoria with interior flashing red and blue lights pulled the student over near Ballard and Bender roads in Des Plaines as she was driving to school around 7:30 a.m. on May 20.340
- Bodies Of 2 Men Found In Car In West EnglewoodTwo bodies were found inside a car on the South Side and one of the victims worked for Cook County Circuit Court Clerk Dorothy Brown.214
- The List: Chicago Schools To Be ClosedThe Chicago School Board voted to close 49 underutilized or underperforming elementary schools on Wednesday as part of a plan to close a $1 billion budget deficit.492
- Board Votes To Close 49 Chicago Elementary SchoolsThe Chicago Board of Education on Wednesday voted to close 49 elementary schools, in what is believed to be the biggest single mass shutdown of schools in U.S. history.4834
- Lockdown Lifted At Morton West High SchoolMorton West High School has been placed on lock down for precautionary reasons after an unknown individual entered the building.558
- Former Glenbard East Student Accused Of Planning Columbine-Type AttackA 19-year-old former student at Glenbard East High School in Lombard was in custody on Wednesday, accused of planning a "Columbine-style" attack on the school, with a list of people he wanted to target.561
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!