Save a few dollars on deals and bargains while you give back to the community at these Chicago stores.
The air temperature at Oak Street Beach was 20 degrees, 19 degrees warmer than the water at the 12th Annual Polar Bear Plunge, hosted by the Lakeview Polar Bear Club.
A former mailman who figured he needed the money more than “The Servants of Mary” was sentenced to 2 ½ years in prison on Tuesday, for stealing mail containing more than $275,000 in charity donations.
President Barack Obama’s strategist David Axelrod might be feeling a little naked this morning.
Martha Carlos, spokeswoman for the Red Cross, has seen all kinds of non-cash donations, including stocks and bonds, unused gift cards and unused airline miles. CBS 2′s Dorothy Tucker reports.
Well in this world, the real one, if you look up at the sky in the hope of finding out something about your future, the Moon will most likely give you the middle finger, then tell you your comb over looks horrible from his/her vantage point. Even from way up there in space.
If you want to know what an empty, meaningless political photo opportunity is look at Congressman Paul Ryan’s drop by at a food bank last week in Youngstown, Ohio.
Music, food and fun are on tap Saturday night on the city’s Northcenter neighborhood, all for the benefit of Chicago Fire Department charities.
Dakota Goff spends his time on a project to help sick children and their parents. CBS 2′s Harry Porterfield reports.
A former mail carrier has pleaded guilty to stealing $275,000 in donations that had been mailed to a charity on his route in west suburban Berwyn.
A Chicago woman is back home after going all around Lake Michigan in a rowboat to raise money for charity.
Check out these photos from The Danny Mac Charity Golf Outing!
A Chicago woman on a rowing mission says she won’t be deterred by a sexual attack on her over the weekend in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan.
A local arts institution founded by the late Chicago First Lady Maggie Daley might be about at the end, after 20 years.
The woman from suburban Worth known as “the Shoe Lady” has her shoes, but not much else — following a fire that burned the apartment building in which she lived.
Several dozen people celebrated New Year’s Day on Sunday by taking a dip in Lake Michigan to help raise money for charity.
There’s always plenty to do in the city, but sometimes you’ve got to balance what’s important. Are you hitting the gym and playing sports enough? Are you seeing your friends enough? Are you expanding your artistic and culinary horizons? Take a break from yourself and go support those in need through one of these excellent Chicagoland charitable organizations.
An Antioch church has received so many gifts to replace the ones stolen in a theft last week — it may be able to help out another local charity struggle to meet its growing demand.
About 200 people clad in little more than bikinis, Speedos and running shoes ran from Division Street, down Rush Street and back up Michigan Avenue Saturday — all in the name of diabetes research.
A former Woodridge police officer has been caught, after being charged with pocketing $30,000 intended for the families of officers killed in the line of duty and going on the run for several months.
- Student Pulled Over And Robbed By Phony Police OfficerA man driving an unmarked white Ford Crown Victoria with interior flashing red and blue lights pulled the student over near Ballard and Bender roads in Des Plaines as she was driving to school around 7:30 a.m. on May 20.340
- Bodies Of 2 Men Found In Car In West EnglewoodTwo bodies were found inside a car on the South Side and one of the victims worked for Cook County Circuit Court Clerk Dorothy Brown.218
- The List: Chicago Schools To Be ClosedThe Chicago School Board voted to close 49 underutilized or underperforming elementary schools on Wednesday as part of a plan to close a $1 billion budget deficit.492
- Board Votes To Close 49 Chicago Elementary SchoolsThe Chicago Board of Education on Wednesday voted to close 49 elementary schools, in what is believed to be the biggest single mass shutdown of schools in U.S. history.4834
- Lockdown Lifted At Morton West High SchoolMorton West High School has been placed on lock down for precautionary reasons after an unknown individual entered the building.558
- Former Glenbard East Student Accused Of Planning Columbine-Type AttackA 19-year-old former student at Glenbard East High School in Lombard was in custody on Wednesday, accused of planning a "Columbine-style" attack on the school, with a list of people he wanted to target.561
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!