Mayor Rahm Emanuel and Police Supt. Garry McCarthy said Thursday that a recent move to step up foot patrols in some of the most violence-prone neighborhoods is paying off.
The state Department of Children and Family Services is investigating allegations of abuse and neglect after four children were hospitalized after police responded to a domestic disturbance in the Chatham neighborhood on the South Side on Tuesday night.
Most of the CTA’s Red Line trains were suspended for about two hours on the South Side Thursday night because a man was killed by a train, authorities said.
Two women found dead inside a burning Chatham neighborhood building were stabbed to death before the building was intentionally set on fire, authorities said.
The man was struck by a dark-colored vehicle about 11 p.m. at 83rd Street and Ingleside Avenue.
Police rushed to a Chatham neighborhood daycare center around 9:30 a.m. Wednesday, after 25-year-old Jeanette Holt called 911 to report her 1997 Chevy Monte Carlo had been stolen with her 1-year-old son inside.
Three people have been killed and five others wounded in Chicago gun violence since Friday afternoon, authorities said. Many of the shooting victims, including two of the people killed, are teenagers.
CBS 2’s Pamela Jones reports the plans are part commercial – but mostly spiritual.
Keith Joshawn Anthony Jr., 24, was charged with one count of first-degree murder.
The South Side neighborhood has seen some changes — some good, some bad. But those that live there now are proud of where they call home, CBS 2’s Kate Sullivan reports.
“The Curators Of Dixon School” looks at the relationship between artworks on display at the CPS school and its influence on youngsters. CBS 2′s Derrick Blakley, a Dixon alum, reports.
A 16-year-old boy died Monday after allegedly pointing a gun and firing at police officers, one of whom shot him Sunday night in the South Side Chatham neighborhood.
Now people living in the community must travel 11 miles north to the south loop, seven miles west to Ford City, or 13 miles south to South Suburban Lansing.
A man was fatally shot in the head at his Chatham home Thursday afternoon on the South Side.
A Chicago Police officer was in stable condition Thursday morning, after he was run over by a hit-and-run driver.
At least 11 people were wounded — two fatally — in gun violence in the city since Friday night.
Fighting crime is not so simple, and that’s something CBS 2 cameras saw first-hand on Monday, when visiting the scene of one of this past weekend’s shootings.
A sexual assault in the Chatham neighborhood put a woman in the hospital early Thursday.
Four people were injured – one of them critically – when an extra-alarm fire broke out Tuesday morning in the Chatham neighborhood.
A rash of shootings around Chicago left one man dead and six others injured Tuesday night and early Wednesday morning.
- Man Found Shot To Death In Zion Supermarket Parking LotPolice responded to calls of shots fired about 4:34 p.m. and found the man, whose age and identity were not immediately released, shot in the front seat of a vehicle in the 2800 block of Sheridan Road.152
- School Warns Parents Of Kidnapping Attempt On PlaygroundA man tried to abduct a 4th grader from the playground at Alexander Graham Bell Elementary School at 3730 N Oakley Ave on Wednesday.150
- Senate Passes Ban On Handheld Cell Phones While DrivingThe proposal says drivers must use hands-free devices or speakerphone features.127
- Three Stabbed On Northwest SideThree teenagers were stabbed in the Belmont Cragin area Thursday night on the Northwest Side.142
- Students Disciplined For ‘Sexting’ Incident At Evanston Township HighIn a letter to parents dated Thursday, District 202 Supt. Eric Witherspoon wrote that girls sent inappropriate photos to members of the varsity baseball team.265
- Cops Crack Down On Retailers Who Sell Stolen GoodsA new law in Illinois is allowing police and retailers to work together to crack down on organized retail theft. CBS 2's Mike Puccinelli reports.117
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!