Danica Patrick came to New Hampshire bruised – literally and figuratively – after a bad weekend at Daytona.
Danica Patrick had a fast car. Danica Patrick had confidence. Danica Patrick was the one to beat. But at Daytona, nothing is guaranteed, especially a win.
Danica Patrick, and the rest of the Nationwide series field, had no chance against Austin Dillon at Kentucky Speedway during the Feed the Children 300.
Danica Patrick gained a lot of respect – from fans, media and fellow drivers – during the Sargento 200 at Road America this weekend.
The Irish Hills of Michigan were not kind to Danica Patrick in the Alliance Truck Parts 250 at Michigan International Speedway.
While the Nationwide Series had an off weekend, Danica Patrick set her sights on another new adventure. Invited by team owner Tony Stewart, Patrick headed to Rossburg, Ohio and Eldora Speedway for the eighth annual Prelude To The Dream, a Dirt Late Model Race with proceeds benefiting Feed The Children on June 6th.
Memorial Day weekend is famous for its racing. The Indianapolis 500 and the Coca-Cola 600 are American traditions and winning one of these two are high on a driver’s wish list.
The weekend started off well for Patrick, finishing ninth in the only practice and qualifying ninth in a field that included only one Cup driver (Kurt Busch). The Cup regulars and Truck series drivers were in Charlotte, so many chose not to pull double duty.
The Lady in Black had a date with the Lady in Green this weekend at Darlington Raceway, better known as the track “too tough to tame.” Danica Patrick was set to make her first start in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series since Daytona and all eyes were on her.
In January, on the NASCAR Sprint Media Tour hosted by Charlotte Motor Speedway, Danica Patrick announced she would skip the Indianapolis 500 in order to race in the Coca-Cola 600. This came as a surprise to many, as it had been rumored her contract to drive full-time for JR Motorsports allowed her to take time off to run the famous race she always spoke fondly of but never won (her highest finish was third in 2009).
She strutted into the media center for her availability, wearing beads she received while on Talladega Boulevard, a traditional fan and driver favorite hangout while at the superspeedway. Not one to miss a sponsor plug, she told the media they would have to go to to godaddy.com to find out how she got them.
For the first time since Danica Patrick announced she was switching from IndyCar to NASCAR, the biggest story out of Richmond this weekend was not the driver of the No. 7 GoDaddy Chevrolet. Extreme sports rock star Travis Pastrana made his debut in the series after putting it off for a year when he broke his ankle and foot at the X Games last year.
With another off weekend for the NASCAR Nationwide Series, we thought it would be beneficial to hit a few key topics from the season up until now. Here are the hottest topics around the garage.
While the biggest story in NASCAR this weekend was the roar of engines at Rockingham Speedway – after an eight year absence – in the form of NASCAR Camping World Truck Series, the NASCAR Sprint Cup and Nationwide Series were at Texas Motor Speedway after their first break of the season.
Last week in Martinsville, while Danica Patrick relaxed far away from the track during her off weekend from the Nationwide series, David Reutimann, her co-pilot of the No. 10 Stewart-Haas/Tommy Baldwin Racing machine, brought out an ill-timed caution.
By: Farrah Kaye While the NASCAR Camping World Truck and Sprint Cup Series took to the Martinsville “paperclip,” the NASCAR Nationwide Series had a rare weekend off, the first of two in a row. Since […]
By: Farrah Kaye While the IndyCar series was in St. Petersburg, Fla. for its season-opener, the NASCAR Nationwide Series was in Fontana, Calif. for the fifth race of the season at Auto Club Speedway. Danica […]
By Farrah Kaye Danica Patrick hoped luck would be on her side this weekend at Bristol. After all, she would be racing on St. Patrick’s Day in a four-leaf clover-covered racecar. And her last name […]
By: Farrah Kaye The last time Danica Patrick was at Las Vegas Motor Speedway, she was in an IndyCar, making her final appearance as a series regular. In what should have been a great day, […]
By: Farrah Kaye After a long stay in Daytona, Scottsdale, Ariz., resident Danica Patrick was happy to get home to her own bed. She spent the few days between the races relaxing and getting a […]
- 5 Dead, 15 Wounded In Weekend ViolenceFive people have been killed and at least 15 others wounded — including a 12-year-old boy left in critical condition — in shootings around the city since Friday night.130
- Woman Disputes Story Of Chicago Cop Who Shot Her DogTensions are boiling over in the Norwood Park neighborhood on Chicago's Northwest Side where an off-duty Chicago police officer shot and killed a dog, reports WBBM's Nancy Harty.189
- 3 Critically Hurt In Kennedy CrashThree people were critically injured in a crash on the Kennedy Expressway on the Northwest Side Sunday morning.271
- Woman Found Dead At O’HareA woman was found dead near a bus stop at O’Hare International Airport Saturday, authorities said.308
- Toddler Reunited With ParentsPolice on Sunday were looking for the parents or guardians of a little boy who was found in the West Side Douglas Park neighborhood.233
- A Dozen Illinoisans Come Within One Number Of $600M Powerball JackpotOne number in Saturday night’s Powerball drawing was the difference for a dozen Illinois players between being $10,000 richer and living the life of a multi-millionaire.404
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!
- Miller Lite ‘Take Me Out To The Ballpark’ Ticket Giveaway April 26, 2013Join The Score this summer at various locations throughout the Chicagoland area for your chance to win one of twenty pairs of tickets to a future White Sox game!