At least $220,000 in platinum, gold and silver bars, and coins were stolen from a 72-year-old, legally blind northwest Indiana woman, and the couple accused of looting her home under the guise of caring for her each face up to eight years in prison.
This could very well be one of those stories that starts “don’t try this at home.”
The Indiana Dunes National Lakeshore plans to conduct at least three prescribed burns this fall, and possibly as many as six.
Northwest Indiana officials seized 55 dogs from a home where they were malnourished and neglected, and three responders were bitten by the animals in the process Wednesday.
A Chesterton man was able to walk away from a frightening accident on Interstate 80 on Thursday morning, after his vehicle was crushed by a semi.
A soldier from northwestern Indiana died in Afghanistan last week while trying to save others.
“Bath salts” are being blamed for an Indiana woman’s misadventure on the roads this week that ended with a crash into a Boulder and several police squad cars.
The victim had just stepped outside her back door about 11:30 p.m. Monday when a male wearing all dark clothing and armed with a handgun abducted her, Chesterton police say.
Five people were injured in a crash on the Indiana Toll Road, including a 16-year-old girl who was airlifted to a hospital.
Three men saved a woman from certain death on Wednesday after they rushed to pull her from a car stopped in the path of an oncoming train
Tammy Logan and her sister and two children were trapped by the weekend’s monster storm.
- Some People You Should Know: The MelodeersIt all began when barbershop patrons started singing while waiting to get their hair cut. A century or so later, the Melodeers chorus is taking the music to a dazzling new height with 140 ladies singing in unaccompanied four-part harmony. CBS 2's Harry Porterfield reports.155
- Mother Of Student Pushed Down School Stairs ‘Enraged’ At Security GuardNew video surfaced Friday that appears to show sophomore Lauren Goodlow being pushed by a male security guard. CBS 2's Dorothy Tucker reports.329
- House Passes Concealed Carry Plan Opposed By Senate LeaderGun owners in the only state still banning concealed weapons would win that right under a plan approved by the Illinois House on Friday, but the governor and other powerful Democrats oppose the plan because it would wipe out local gun ordinances -- including Chicago's ban on assault weapons.220
- Two Shot Near Roosevelt CTA StationAround 11:10 a.m., a 57-year-old man and a 30-year-old man were shot in the 1100 block of South State Street.256
- Store Owner Kidnapped In Pilsen, SUV StolenPolice said the 78-year-old man was closing the store in the 1100 block of West 18th Street when a group of men threw a pillowcase over his head, hit him in the face, and forced him into his own SUV.248
- Man Found Shot To Death In Zion Supermarket Parking LotThe man found shot to death in a parking in north suburban Zion on Thursday afternoon has been identified as a Waukegan resident.152
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!