Well, this is mildly disturbing.
If it’s even true it’s not less impressive because—and I can only speak from what others have told me—food poisoning is one of the worst non-life-threatening non-Nicholas Cage movie things one can experience.
Yadier Alonso’s two-out fly ball to right field dropped in front of Julio Borbon for an RBI single that led to a four-run eighth inning and boosted the San Diego Padres over the Chicago Cubs 4-2 Thursday for a four-game series split.
Cubs outfielder Julio Borbon isn’t winning an Academy Award any time soon.
So, what if the Cubs set up their own giant HDTV on the reverse side of their proposed video board?
Tom Ricketts stood in front of a crowded banquet hall Wednesday with the City Club of Chicago in attendance and gave a play-by-play of plans to “restore” Wrigley Field.
For the first time since taking ownership of the Cubs in 2009, Cubs chairman Tom Ricketts said he will move the Cubs within four years if his proposed Wrigley Field restoration plans were not approved by the city.
As the Cubs unveiled their plans for what they call the “restoration” of Wrigley Field, the team’s owner is threatening to bolt if he doesn’t get the deal done with the city.
Mark Grace may be down, but he’s certainly not out.
It’s been exactly 30 years since former Cubs manager Lee Elia shocked Wrigley Field with a profane rant after an early-season loss.
So, what if at some point this season – I’m not suggesting that the Cubs do it just yet – the team moved Castro to third, Valbuena to second and Barney to short?
It’s a playoff game and I’m wondering how a team misses 25-of-26 shots and then I see Brooklyn scrawled on the jersey.
Mat Latos retired the first 10 batters and 15 of the first 16 he faced and Todd Frazier hit a long home run to help the Reds complete a wacky, impressive, 10-game homestand with 1-0 win over the Chicago Cubs on Wednesday.
The Rangers are coming back to town.
In early April, the Cubs’ brass came under fire after Sun-Times Cubs reporter Gordon Wittenmyer told The Mully and Hanley Show he thought Theo Epstein and Co. were going about their rebuilding process all wrong.
If pitching is the name of the game, Theo and the boys need to buy into it.
The Cubs embarked on the long haul of a true rebuild, and the image in mind always has been this: Restock that farm system, prepare great prospects to hit the big leagues together en masse, and then pounce on well-chosen free agents to finalize a winning mix.
Winning will not be easy. Not with the Cubs’ dearth of top-line pitching coupled with the changing face of free agency, which will make it all the more difficult for the Cubs to acquire top-line pitching.
The Cubs claimed outfielder Julio Borbon off waivers from the Texas Rangers Friday.
The strength of the Bears schedule is 16th. That translates into 8-8, right?
- Former Glenbard East Student Charged With Planning Violence At SchoolIn November, Michael Santoro allegedly made plans of a violent nature against the school, but the alleged plans remained unknown an acquaintance reported the threat to police two weeks ago, after learning about the plans in February.306
- Woman Robs North Side BankA woman robbed a Lakeview bank Tuesday afternoon on the city’s North Side.262
- Four Schools To Be Spared From Closing; Another To Be DelayedHours before a final vote by the Chicago Board of Education, Chicago Public Schools officials have agreed to back off of plans to close four of the 53 elementary schools targeted for closing at the end of the school year, Board Vice President Jesse Ruiz confirmed Wednesday morning.415
- Boy, 17, Fatally Shot In Back Of The YardsA teenage boy was fatally shot in the South Side Back of the Yards neighborhood Tuesday evening, police said.147
- Police: Man Killed In Jump From Gold Coast BuildingA man jumped to his death early Tuesday from the Gold Coast high-rise building where he lived, authorities said.322
- Police: Man Touches Woman’s Leg At South Loop CTA StationPolice are looking for man who inappropriately touched a woman at a South Loop CTA station Tuesday morning.147
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!