Chicago Federation Of Labor
One of Mayor Rahm Emanuel’s top Chicago Labor allies is clashing with him over the new janitors’ contract at O’Hare International Airport.
On this Labor Day, delegates to the Democratic National Convention in Charlotte are preparing for their sessions, which begin tomorrow.
A local political expert says the fight in Wisconsin over whether to recall Gov. Scott Walker is an unfortunate event for both sides in the political battle.
House Republican Leader Tom Cross said Thursday that he plans to push for legislation to repeal a 1991 law that allows union leaders from Chicago to reap inflated retirement benefits from ailing city pension funds.
Mayor Rahm Emanuel is facing a growing tide of discontent from the city’s labor unions. Fired workers, rejected contract-compromises, and unanswered cost-saving ideas all have begun generating protests aimed at City Hall.
Answering Mayor Rahm Emanuel’s call to come up with $10 million in cost savings to avoid 625 layoffs, union leaders on Tuesday offered their own ideas to save $250 million a year.
The Emanuel administration and labor union leaders were back at the bargaining table on Monday, trying to work out a deal to avoid 625 threatened layoffs of city workers.
How many city workers does it take to change a light bulb? Sounds like a joke right? But it’s not funny when it’s our tax dollars being wasted.
One of the first major challenges facing Mayor Rahm Emanuel is a Thursday night deadline, when furloughs negotiated between former Mayor Richard M. Daley and labor leaders expire.
- The List: Chicago Schools To Be ClosedThe Chicago School Board voted to close 49 underutilized or underperforming elementary schools on Wednesday as part of a plan to close a $1 billion budget deficit.492
- Board Votes To Close 49 Chicago Elementary SchoolsThe Chicago Board of Education on Wednesday voted to close 49 elementary schools, in what is believed to be the biggest single mass shutdown of schools in U.S. history.4834
- Lockdown Lifted At Morton West High SchoolMorton West High School has been placed on lock down for precautionary reasons after an unknown individual entered the building.558
- Former Glenbard East Student Accused Of Planning Columbine-Type AttackA 19-year-old former student at Glenbard East High School in Lombard was in custody on Wednesday, accused of planning a "Columbine-style" attack on the school, with a list of people he wanted to target.561
- Woman Robs North Side BankA woman robbed a Lakeview bank Tuesday afternoon on the city’s North Side.262
- Four Schools To Be Spared From Closing; Another To Be DelayedHours before a final vote by the Chicago Board of Education, Chicago Public Schools officials have agreed to back off of plans to close four of the 53 elementary schools targeted for closing at the end of the school year, Board Vice President Jesse Ruiz confirmed Wednesday morning.415
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!