Chicago Fire Department
Paramedics were attending to the child near the beach house, according to Fire Media Affairs, adding that a second ambulance was being sent to the beach.
WBBM Newsradio has learned the licenses of two paramedics in Chicago have been suspended because they are accused of failing to treat a patient.
The Chicago Fire Department hopes your Fourth of July plans don’t involve setting off your own fireworks.
With the Fourth of July less than a week away, fire officials are worried that errant fireworks could start deadly fires.
A report out Friday morning indicates extra pay perks in the Chicago firefighters’ contract cost taxpayers more than $80 million last year.
The Chicago Fire Department is trying to find out whether a paramedic falsified a report about a patient who died on Memorial Day.
A 30-year-old West Side woman was driving under the influence Sunday night when, according to police, she got behind the wheel of a Chicago Fire Department ambulance that was parked outside a South Side hospital, and took it for a ride, crashing it into some parked cars about a mile away.
Two buildings on the campus of the Illinois Institute of Technology was evacuated Tuesday afternoon as firefighters responded to an acid spill.
Lise Sievers is the passenger whose curious medical symptoms caused a health scare at Midway Airport. CBS 2′s Roseanne Tellez talks with the Minnesota resident.
After six years of testing – and spending more than $20 million – the Chicago Fire Department has finally started to go digital.
A Chicago Fire Department official responding to a call Wednesday night ended up needing help himself.
A horrific scene played out on the Southwest Side Saturday evening after a hit-and-run driver fled one accident only to plow into a second car, killing a toddler and her 5-year-old brother inside.
A Chicago Police officer, paramedic and store clerk were injured — and a fourth person subdued with a stun gun — during a Tuesday afternoon incident at a Garfield Park store.
Recently-departed Chicago Fire Commissioner Robert Hoff has a new job in west suburban Carol Stream.
The choices facing Mayor Emanuel’s new fire commissioner aren’t pleasant, CBS 2 Chief Correspondent Jay Levine reports.
Four people were seriously injured in a crash on the West Side Tuesday involving a Chicago Fire Department truck.
Are they strange bedfellows or public safety partners? The Fire Department’s administrative offices have now moved into Police Headquarters, at 3510 S. Michigan Av., even as the investigation into a shoving match between members of the two departments continues.
Closing arguments are expected Monday morning in the trial of a lawsuit that pits Chicago firefighters against the company that makes fire engine sirens.
Police Supt. Garry McCarthy confirmed Tuesday that an internal investigation is underway after a Marine Unit diver accused a Fire Department captain – and son of a former Fire Department commissioner – of knocking him to the ground earlier this month.
A man died after being rescued from the waters of Lake Michigan off Navy Pier Thursday evening.
- House Passes Concealed Carry Plan Opposed By Senate LeaderGun owners in the only state still banning concealed weapons would win that right under a plan approved by the Illinois House on Friday, but the governor and other powerful Democrats oppose the plan because it would wipe out local gun ordinances -- including Chicago's ban on assault weapons.220
- Two Shot Near Roosevelt CTA StationAround 11:10 a.m., a 57-year-old man and a 30-year-old man were shot in the 1100 block of South State Street.256
- Store Owner Kidnapped In Pilsen, SUV StolenPolice said the 78-year-old man was closing the store in the 1100 block of West 18th Street when a group of men threw a pillowcase over his head, hit him in the face, and forced him into his own SUV.248
- Man Found Shot To Death In Zion Supermarket Parking LotThe man found shot to death in a parking in north suburban Zion on Thursday afternoon has been identified as a Waukegan resident.152
- School Warns Parents Of Kidnapping Attempt On PlaygroundA man tried to abduct a 4th grader from the playground at Alexander Graham Bell Elementary School at 3730 N Oakley Ave on Wednesday.150
- Senate Passes Ban On Handheld Cell Phones While DrivingThe proposal says drivers must use hands-free devices or speakerphone features.127
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!