Robbie Rogers is joining the Los Angeles Galaxy of Major League Soccer in another step by openly gay athletes in professional sports.
Jack McInerney scored his league-leading seventh goal of the season Saturday and Zac MacMath made six saves to lead the Philadelphia Union to a 1-0 victory over the Chicago Fire.
Jeff Larentowicz scored in the 83rd minute to lift the Chicago Fire to a 1-0 victory over the Columbus Crew on Saturday night.
Brad Davis had a goal and an assist, and the Houston Dynamo set an MLS record for longest home unbeaten streak in all competitions with a 2-1 victory over the Chicago Fire on Sunday.
Maicon Santos scored twice and Daniel Paladini had a goal and two assists to lead the Chicago Fire to a 3-1 victory over the New York Red Bulls on Sunday.
Mike Magee scored three times as the Los Angeles Galaxy began the post-David Beckham era with a season-opening 4-0 victory over the Chicago Fire.
Postseason experience meant more than home-field advantage in the opening round of the MLS Eastern Conference playoffs Wednesday night.
Lionard Pajoy scored in the 50th minute, and Bill Hamid made eight saves to help D.C. United rally for a 1-1 tie with the Chicago Fire on Saturday.
Ald. Nicholas Sposato (36th), a firefighter on leave while he serves on the City Council, took some time Friday to offer his review of a new TV series, “Chicago Fire,” filmed in the city.
Sherjill MacDonald scored two second-half goals, lifting the Chicago Fire to a crucial 2-0 win over the New York Red Bulls on Saturday.
Major League Soccer’s disciplinary committee has suspended Chicago Fire forward Guillermo Franco for an additional game and fined him an undisclosed amount for endangering the safety of an opponent.
Patrick Nyarko scored in the opening minute and Daniel Paladini had a goal in the 19th to lead the Chicago Fire to a 3-1 victory against the Houston Dynamo on Sunday night.
Lionard Pajoy and Long Tan each scored his first goal with his new club, helping D.C. United to a 4-2 victory over the Chicago Fire on Wednesday night.
Sherjill MacDonald’s first MLS goal broke a tie just past midway through the first half and the Chicago Fire held on to beat the New England Revolution 2-1 Saturday night.
Austin Berry and Marco Pappa scored to rally the Chicago Fire to a 2-1 victory over Toronto FC on Saturday night.
Steven Lenhart returned from a four-game injury absence to score in the eighth minute of second-half stoppage time and lift the San Jose Earthquakes into a 1-1 draw with the Chicago Fire on Saturday night.
The Chicago Fire received a lesson in soccer from Aston Villa on Saturday night.
With record-setting temperatures stifling Red Bull Arena, New York coach Hans Backe asked captain Thierry Henry if he wanted to sit the game out.
Midfielder Pavel Pardo scored on an early free kick and Chicago snapped a 221-minute scoreless streak on the way to a 1-0 victory over Vancouver on Saturday.
BRIDGEVIEW, Ill. (AP) – Robbie Keane scored two goals on his 32nd birthday and the Los Angeles Galaxy beat the Chicago Fire 2-0 on Sunday. Keane’s second multigoal game of the season helped the Galaxy […]
- Two Charged With River North BurglariesTwo people have been charged with burglary in connection with a spate of robberies this month in the River North neighborhood.98
- Portage Theater Closed For NowThe 93-year-old landmark theater at 4050 N. Milwaukee Ave. was shut down on Friday after Ald. John Arena (45th) blocked Carranza’s application for a liquor license, according to Carranza.90
- Man Shot And Killed Inside Hyde Park HomeA murder in Hyde Park, just blocks away from President Barack Obama's home.213
- Noise From Music Fest At Chicagoland Speedway Has Neighbors Up In ArmsMost of the complaints seem to be coming from the east of the Chicagoland Speedway in new Lenox, Frankfort and Mokena as grandstands protect the other three sides.127
- Roseland Hospital Cuts Staff, Salaries To Keep Doors OpenAs it waits to hear if it’ll receive a $7 million bailout to stay open, Roseland Community Hospital laid off almost 70 employees, and other hospital employees will take a pay cut.89
- Rev. Jackson: School Closings UndemocraticOpponents of Chicago school closures are vowing to fight on, but they appear to have little chance of reversing the mayor's agenda... unless a federal judge steps in, reports WBBM's Mike Krauser.90
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!