Two people, both believed to be in their 50s, were killed in the blaze in the 200 block of East 24th Street in Chicago Heights.
One worker was killed on Thursday in accident at an industrial plant in Chicago Heights.
A Chicago Heights alderman is facing battery charges after allegedly breaking a co-worker’s thumb in February during an argument at a Chicago Heights School District 170 warehouse, police said.
A man was stabbed to death Friday afternoon in his south suburban Chicago Heights home.
Will County State’s Attorney James Glasgow is among those expected to speak at a weekend summit sponsored by the Illinois State Crime Commission.
The state Department of Children and Family Services is investigating the Sunday death of a two-month-old girl in south suburban Chicago Heights.
Two Chicago Heights men have been arrested on felony drug charges, after police and the DEA wrapped up an 8-month undercover investigation.
Two men robbed a Radio Shack in Chicago Heights at gunpoint Friday afternoon, police said.
Another person has filed a lawsuit in a dispute over who was participating in a workplace lottery pool that won the $118 million Mega Millions jackpot with a ticket bought at a south suburban gas station earlier this month.
A Chicago Heights teenager died early Sunday after he was stabbed in the south suburb.
A south suburban gas station gave out about $12,000 worth of free gas over a two-week period recently, but it wasn’t part of a promotion, it was because someone tampered with the pumps.
More than 200 friends gathered Friday at the park in Oak Lawn where Michele Peters played softball.
Two people were in custody Wednesday, after the Moose Lodge near Sauk Village was robbed by a shotgun-wielding suspect.
A 19-year-old woman died early Saturday after being shot while standing with a crowd of people in south suburban Chicago Heights.
A 20-year-old man was shot to death about a half-mile from his home in Chicago Heights overnight.
A south suburban Chicago Heights man had a gun and used it on an intruder this week, and now the alleged home invader is dead.
A convicted felon from Chicago Heights has been arrested for allegedly holding a woman against her will, beating and choking her after meeting her on the Internet.
In suburban elections, there were a number of upsets and incumbents getting the heave-ho.
In a federal lawsuit filed Monday, a man claims Chicago Heights police officers dragged him out of his vehicle and punched him while his two-year-old son watched.
When suburban voters head to the polls tomorrow many will have a decision to make between the old and the new.
- Some People You Should Know: The MelodeersIt all began when barbershop patrons started singing while waiting to get their hair cut. A century or so later, the Melodeers chorus is taking the music to a dazzling new height with 140 ladies singing in unaccompanied four-part harmony. CBS 2's Harry Porterfield reports.155
- Mother Of Student Pushed Down School Stairs ‘Enraged’ At Security GuardNew video surfaced Friday that appears to show sophomore Lauren Goodlow being pushed by a male security guard. CBS 2's Dorothy Tucker reports.329
- House Passes Concealed Carry Plan Opposed By Senate LeaderGun owners in the only state still banning concealed weapons would win that right under a plan approved by the Illinois House on Friday, but the governor and other powerful Democrats oppose the plan because it would wipe out local gun ordinances -- including Chicago's ban on assault weapons.220
- Two Shot Near Roosevelt CTA StationAround 11:10 a.m., a 57-year-old man and a 30-year-old man were shot in the 1100 block of South State Street.256
- Store Owner Kidnapped In Pilsen, SUV StolenPolice said the 78-year-old man was closing the store in the 1100 block of West 18th Street when a group of men threw a pillowcase over his head, hit him in the face, and forced him into his own SUV.248
- Man Found Shot To Death In Zion Supermarket Parking LotThe man found shot to death in a parking in north suburban Zion on Thursday afternoon has been identified as a Waukegan resident.152
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!