A police officer said someone cut off the bus, and when the bus driver slammed on the brakes, the bus slid on wet heavy metal sheeting on the roadway, then crossed into oncoming traffic, and hit a building.
One man was killed and nine were wounded in shootings across the city that began Wednesday afternoon and continued until just past midnight Thursday.
Two people were injured when a motorcycle crashed into a Chicago Police squad car early Sunday in the Chicago Lawn neighborhood.
The teen was shot about 2 p.m. in the 6400 block of South Claremont Avenue in the Chicago Lawn neighborhood on the Southwest Side.
A Brighton Park neighborhood man is facing multiple felony sexual abuse charges for allegedly fondling several girls on the Southwest Side since late February.
Police are looking for two men who kidnapped a 15-year-old girl in the Chicago Lawn neighborhood, and investigators have released sketches of the suspects.
A 15-year-old girl was killed Monday night in a shooting in the Southwest Side Chicago Lawn neighborhood, police said.
The teen was shot in the back and was taken in serious condition to Advocate Christ Medical Center in Oak Lawn.
Police have issued a warning for some Dollar Store shoppers in the Chicago Lawn neighborhood after a pair of armed robberies.
It’s already proving to be a violent weekend in Chicago. As of Saturday morning, two people had been killed, and five others had been injured in shootings since Friday evening.
Police shot a man who allegedly pointed a gun at officers during a foot chase early Saturday in the Southwest Side Chicago Lawn neighborhood, officials said.
Police in the Chicago Lawn neighborhood are warning residents about two teenage boys who are targeting female victims for robbery.
Two teenage boys were shot in the Chicago Lawn neighborhood Wednesday night on the Southwest Side.
A man was found stabbed to death Thursday night in an apartment in the Chicago Lawn neighborhood on the Southwest Side.
Chicago police said four young men were shot in the Chicago Lawn neighborhood Tuesday evening on the South Side.
A young mother stands charged with child endangerment, after leaving her toddler home alone in the Chicago Lawn neighborhood.
A man was shot in the chest early Sunday in the Chicago Lawn neighborhood on the Southwest Side.
Four people were killed and 22 others were wounded in acts of violence across the city this past weekend.
A man was seriously early Friday in a fire that broke out in the Southwest Side’s Chicago Lawn neighborhood.
A citywide study by Northwestern University has determined that the South and Southwest sides are the unhealthiest.
- Some People You Should Know: The MelodeersIt all began when barbershop patrons started singing while waiting to get their hair cut. A century or so later, the Melodeers chorus is taking the music to a dazzling new height with 140 ladies singing in unaccompanied four-part harmony. CBS 2's Harry Porterfield reports.155
- Mother Of Student Pushed Down School Stairs ‘Enraged’ At Security GuardNew video surfaced Friday that appears to show sophomore Lauren Goodlow being pushed by a male security guard. CBS 2's Dorothy Tucker reports.329
- House Passes Concealed Carry Plan Opposed By Senate LeaderGun owners in the only state still banning concealed weapons would win that right under a plan approved by the Illinois House on Friday, but the governor and other powerful Democrats oppose the plan because it would wipe out local gun ordinances -- including Chicago's ban on assault weapons.220
- Two Shot Near Roosevelt CTA StationAround 11:10 a.m., a 57-year-old man and a 30-year-old man were shot in the 1100 block of South State Street.256
- Store Owner Kidnapped In Pilsen, SUV StolenPolice said the 78-year-old man was closing the store in the 1100 block of West 18th Street when a group of men threw a pillowcase over his head, hit him in the face, and forced him into his own SUV.248
- Man Found Shot To Death In Zion Supermarket Parking LotThe man found shot to death in a parking in north suburban Zion on Thursday afternoon has been identified as a Waukegan resident.152
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!