Monday would have been the late Harold Washington’s 91st birthday.
Even Chicago’s big boss doesn’t get out of jury duty–or at least reporting for jury duty.
It’s been a year since Mayor Daley left office and Mayor Emanuel took the reins of city government.
As Rahm Emanuel took center stage as Chicago’s new mayor, his inaugural address paid homage to his old boss in the White House and his predecessor at City Hall.
Mayor Richard M. Daley said Thursday that the United States has become a nation of “whiners,” and said it’s time to snap out of it.
Just one day after claiming a decisive victory in Chicago’s race for mayor, Mayor Emanuel has left us.
CBS 2′s Jay Levine goes behind the scene with mayoral hopeful Rahm Emanuel as he prepares for Tuesdays election.
Monday night marked the second-to-last debate between the four main candidates for Chicago Mayor, and the forum was relatively civil and at times jovial.
Humboldt Park minister Wilfredo De Jesus wants to try to raise his visibility in the race for mayor by calling for term limits and calling on his opponents to endorse the idea, as well.
Outgoing U.S. Sen. Roland Burris’s supporters entered his name into the race for mayor of Chicago yesterday, but Burris tells Newsradio 780 this afternoon he’s still deciding whether to run.
Tom Dart’s brother is a lawyer with a lobbying practice. Dart says, if elected mayor, he’d have to tell Tim Dart to stop doing business with the city.
Mayoral candidate Rahm Emanuel on Friday addressed questions about whether his time living in Washington, D.C. means he’s not a Chicago resident qualified to run for mayor.
You have to live in Chicago to be mayor of Chicago and the mayoral campaign of Rahm Emanuel says an absentee ballot application made shows he’s a Chicago resident.
The candidate for mayor says he’d supply laptops to high schoolers “immediately,” and to the rest of the system’s more than 400,000 students within four years.
After a tonsillectomy, Ald. Robert Fioretti (2nd) has been diagnosed with cancer, forcing him to abandon his plan to run for mayor.
Rep. Jesse Jackson Jr. tells Newsradio 780 his affair with a Washington D.C. cocktail waitress was not the reason he chose not to run for mayor of Chicago.
- Rev. Jackson: School Closings UndemocraticOpponents of Chicago school closures are vowing to fight on, but they appear to have little chance of reversing the mayor's agenda... unless a federal judge steps in, reports WBBM's Mike Krauser.90
- Mount Prospect Man Falls To Death From Albany Park RoofA Mount Prospect man fell to his death from a roof in Albany Park Friday afternoon.113
- 3 Dead, 8 Hurt In Shootings Since Friday NightThe most recent fatal shooting happened about 1:50 a.m. Saturday in the Hyde Park community, roughly half a mile from President Barack Obama’s home in neighboring Kenwood.198
- Some People You Should Know: The MelodeersIt all began when barbershop patrons started singing while waiting to get their hair cut. A century or so later, the Melodeers chorus is taking the music to a dazzling new height with 140 ladies singing in unaccompanied four-part harmony. CBS 2's Harry Porterfield reports.155
- Mother Of Student Pushed Down School Stairs ‘Enraged’ At Security GuardNew video surfaced Friday that appears to show sophomore Lauren Goodlow being pushed by a male security guard. CBS 2's Dorothy Tucker reports.329
- House Passes Concealed Carry Plan Opposed By Senate LeaderGun owners in the only state still banning concealed weapons would win that right under a plan approved by the Illinois House on Friday, but the governor and other powerful Democrats oppose the plan because it would wipe out local gun ordinances -- including Chicago's ban on assault weapons.220
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!