Chicago Mercantile Exchange
About 1,500 protesters slowly marched from the Thompson Center to the Chicago Board of Trade on Wednesday, calling for the company that runs the financial exchange to give back millions in state tax breaks.
About 200 people gathered at Federal Plaza on Tuesday to send a message on this Tax Day 2012.
The last vestige of the frenetic trading in the pits of Chicago’s option exchanges could be in jeopardy under a new plan to use electronic trading to set closing prices.
The Illinois House has approved a package of tax breaks designed to keep retail giant Sears and the Chicago-based financial exchanges
The CME Group and Sears could be closer to deciding whether they will stay in Illinois, after two key tax votes in Springfield Monday.
Illinois lawmakers will try again to pass a measure aimed at keeping two of the state’s largest companies from jumping ship.
SPRINGFIELD, Ill. (CBS) — Tax breaks for a few big businesses could get a vote in the Illinois General Assembly after Thanksgiving. As WBBM Newsradio’s Dave Dahl reports, lawmakers will return on Nov. 29, after […]
It was a “split decision” in the state capitol for Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel during the General Assembly’s veto session.
As the Illinois General Assembly fall veto session winds down, the head of the company that owns Chicago’s two big trading exchanges warns that time is running out to keep the firm from moving to another state.
Hear ye, hear ye, the Illinois General Assembly is back at work for the people of Illinois and it’s not doing very well.
The Illinois General Assembly begins the second round of its fall veto session Tuesday, and Gov. Pat Quinn is hoping tax relief is among the things on the agenda.
About “Occupy Chicago” 100 protesters marched on the offices of Mayor Rahm Emanuel and legislative leaders downtown Tuesday.
The Illinois General Assembly got an early start on a plan to try to keep Chicago’s two financial exchange companies in the state Monday, just ahead of today’s opening of the fall veto session.
The CME Group confirmed to CBS 2 Monday that a deal in the next few weeks may keep the trading firm in Chicago.
A group held a bake sale this morning, mocking the “struggling” Chicago Mercantile Exchange and its threats to leave the state because it’s losing money due to a tax hike.
The parent company of the Chicago Mercantile Exchange and Board of Trade is the latest firm to threaten to move out of Illinois over the corporate income tax increase earlier this year.
- House Passes Concealed Carry Plan Opposed By Senate LeaderGun owners in the only state still banning concealed weapons would win that right under a plan approved by the Illinois House on Friday, but the governor and other powerful Democrats oppose the plan because it would wipe out local gun ordinances -- including Chicago's ban on assault weapons.220
- Two Shot Near Roosevelt CTA StationAround 11:10 a.m., a 57-year-old man and a 30-year-old man were shot in the 1100 block of South State Street.256
- Store Owner Kidnapped In Pilsen, SUV StolenPolice said the 78-year-old man was closing the store in the 1100 block of West 18th Street when a group of men threw a pillowcase over his head, hit him in the face, and forced him into his own SUV.248
- Man Found Shot To Death In Zion Supermarket Parking LotThe man found shot to death in a parking in north suburban Zion on Thursday afternoon has been identified as a Waukegan resident.152
- School Warns Parents Of Kidnapping Attempt On PlaygroundA man tried to abduct a 4th grader from the playground at Alexander Graham Bell Elementary School at 3730 N Oakley Ave on Wednesday.150
- Senate Passes Ban On Handheld Cell Phones While DrivingThe proposal says drivers must use hands-free devices or speakerphone features.127
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!