Chicago on YouTube
Billy Corgan’s been busy. I could list everything he’s busy with, but let’s face it, none of us care. It’s not 1996 anymore. Just last week I was saying, “Billy Corgan will never do anything I care about ever again…” And then Billy — my beautiful, bald baby boy — proved me wrong, releasing a video on Tuesday that rivals everything he’s ever done…
Scottie Pippen’s amazing Mr. Submarine commercial. This may possibly be the best commercial ever made… ever. “Ladies, let’s have a party.”- Scottie Pippen.
And the music! It’s got a classic pop beat that makes forces you to tap your foot, whether you want to or not. Yet, at the same time, its repetitious beats also make you want to hit the streets and attack every person who comes near you — scratching at faces, kicking groins, biting people if you need to. This is the perfect feeling for a Halloween song.
At first I was indignant about the utter lack of privacy Public Portraits—a tumblr blog that displays photos of strangers on the L—provides. I mean, how dare this stranger invade the comfort bubbles of hundreds–if not thousands–of Chicagoans!
I have no problem with Conan pointing out our gluttonous ways. I am guilty as charged, can often be found shoving food in my gullet until I feel like exploding beef and thick, pizza sauce all over the unfortunate schlubs around me. His choices though are so mundane! They’re exactly what you’d expect. So here I am offering you three alternatives to Conan’s “suggestions.”
In this edition of Chicago on YouTube, Mason Johnson finally figures out the mystery of Eagle Man from Eagle Insurance’s infamous 1990s commercials.
Is Jan Terri’s “Losing You” the best representation of Chicago in the form of a music video? Mason Johnson finds out…
Mob Wives Chicago, what does it do for Chicago’s image? Let’s find out…
- BREAKING: Jury Sides With Donald Trump In Condo Dispute With Woman, 87A federal jury has sided with developer Donald Trump -- not the 87-year-old woman who says she was cheated financially after buying two condominiums at his Trump Tower project.1056
- Employee At Dunbar High Suspended After Pushing Student Down StairsAn employee at a public high school in the Bronzeville neighborhood has been taken off the job after being recorded on cell phone video pushing a girl down a set of stairs.408
- Concealed Carry Bill Moves To House Floor, But Senate ObjectsA concealed-carry gun deal brokered by House Speaker Michael Madigan cleared a House committee Thursday, but its prospects were unclear across the Capitol in the Senate because of the way it would curb existing local gun laws.165
- Four Hurt In Wrong-Way Crash On Chicago SkywayA 25-year-old man has been cited for driving the wrong way on the Chicago Skyway, after a head-on crash with a pickup truck Thursday morning that sent four people to hospitals.232
- Student Pulled Over And Robbed By Phony Police OfficerA man driving an unmarked white Ford Crown Victoria with interior flashing red and blue lights pulled the student over near Ballard and Bender roads in Des Plaines as she was driving to school around 7:30 a.m. on May 20.340
- Census Data: Chicago Slowest Growing Big City In U.S.Chicago gained nearly 10,000 people from July 2011 to July 2012, but was the slowest-growing major city in the country according to U.S. Census Bureau estimates released Thursday.130
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!