Chicago Park District
Chicago’s 31st Street Harbor is now officially open – a $100-million dollar project designed to accommodate 1,000 boats
The Chicago Park District is up against a deadline to have its outdoor pools ready for the swimming season.
The Midnight Circus is usually an after-hours affair, but its troupe will perform during the day as part of a popular partnership with the Chicago Park District coming up this fall.
Lots of kids will soon be out of school, and some of them area heading to summer camp. But not all families can afford it.
Chicago beaches open for the summer on Friday, and the Park District says this year, you can expect to see fewer days when swimming is forbidden.
The Chicago Park District is working to meet a June 15 deadline for installing safer drains in 38 outdoor swimming pools.
The Chicago Park District experienced problems again Monday morning as it opened up online registration for its summer camps.
While some kids are still on Spring Break, it’s already time to think summer. Online registration for Chicago Park District summer camp starts tomorrow.
Easter weekend is quickly approaching. Take part in the time honored tradition of the Easter egg hunt with your family. Here’s a round up of some of the egg hunts taking place this weekend throughout Chicago. Happy hunting!
Fans anticipating Lollapalooza 2012 in Grant Park could face sticker shock at the gate.
Mayor Richard M. Daley had his Millennium Park, now Mayor Rahm Emanuel has his own plan to beautify the city with public space by investing $290 million in hundreds of parks over the next five years, including the long-delayed Bloomingdale Trail on the Northwest Side.
While the return of the sun and gradually warming temperatures mean that spring really is on its way to the Chicago area, it also means ice skating enthusiasts will have to wait until the onset of next winter to take part in this activity outdoors.
The Chicago Park District’s newly-redesigned website crashed Tuesday morning as thousands of people flooded the site, trying to register for spring programs.
The Garfield Park Conservatory has lost one of its rare plants.
Looking for better luck at the Garfield Park Conservatory in 2012, the Chicago Park District called in the big guns on this, the weekend before the Chinese New Year.
You can have the chance to buy some unusual plants very cheaply, and at the same time, help the Chicago Park District recover from the hail damage at the Garfield Park Conservatory this past summer.
Chicago’s gorgeous lakefront includes 15 public beaches along 26 miles of shoreline. However, between the south side beaches lies a true treasure, know by locals as “The Point.” Promontory Point is a popular wedding site, boasts one of the best views of the Chicago skyline, has great bike trails, and is the only place on the lakefront that fire pits are permitted.
The Chicago Park District on Tuesday is unveiling the first of a new line of healthy vending machines planned for all of its field houses.
A Southwest Side man who is reportedly a park recreational leader is expected in court later Thursday charged with sending naked photos of himself to a minor girl.
Nearly two dozen dead geese have been found at two Chicago parks this week and officials were trying to figure out what killed them.
- Boy, 17, Fatally Shot In Back Of The YardsA teenage boy was fatally shot in the South Side Back of the Yards neighborhood Tuesday evening, police said.147
- Police: Man Killed In Jump From Gold Coast BuildingA man jumped to his death early Tuesday from the Gold Coast high-rise building where he lived, authorities said.303
- Police: Man Touches Woman’s Leg At South Loop CTA StationPolice are looking for man who inappropriately touched a woman at a South Loop CTA station Tuesday morning.147
- Rapper Chief Keef Arrested In Georgia Hotel After Staff Smells MarijuanaChicago rapper Chief Keef makes no secret of his fondness for marijuana. The staff at the swanky LeMeridien Atlanta Perimeter hotel doesn’t share that fondness.144
- Florida Man Pleads Guilty In Fatal Stabbing Of Bears FanA Florida man has pleaded guilty to fatally stabbing a Bears fan who traveled to Jacksonville to see the Bears take on the Jaguars in October.619
- Man Critically Hurt In Jump From 3rd Floor Of HospitalA man was critically injured after attempting to jump from the window of a hospital Tuesday in the South Side Englewood neighborhood.201
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!