Chicago Police Officers
A woman was killed and two Chicago Police officers injured in a traffic crash on the South Side on Wednesday morning.
CBS 2′s Dana Kozlov reports on a dramatic rescue involving a hotel doorman and two police officers that may have saved a sick baby girl’s life.
Gresham District officers were patrolling in a squad car when they heard shots fired and saw a weapon being thrown from a vehicle, and gave chase.
An 18-year-old woman has been issued a handful of traffic citations after she and two Chicago Police officers were injured in an accident in the South Side Grand Boulevard neighborhood early Saturday when she ran a red light.
Two Chicago police officers are being investigated by the FBI and the Independent Police Review Authority, after beating two brothers at a South Shore storefront. Surveillance footage obtained by our CBS 2 Investigators is at the center of that investigation.
A Chicago alderman wants to add a fee to your electric bill so the city can hire more police officers.
Charges were filed against a man who allegedly fired at Chicago Police officers Thursday night in the Avondale neighborhood on the Northwest Side.
It’s been a long hot summer for the Chicago Police Department, trying to get a grip on a spike in deadly gang violence. CBS 2 has learned dozens of Chicago cops will be leaving town this week, to head to the Democratic National Convention in Charlotte, N.C.
The makeup of Mayor Rahm Emanuel’s security detail is the subject of a lawsuit.
A fugitive who was featured on “America’s Most Wanted” for a double murder in Yonkers, N.Y., has been found in Chicago.
Chicago Police say an officer shot and killed a man on the city’s South Side early Sunday morning.
The union representing Chicago Police officers has been calling for months on the city to hire more officers, even going so far to take billboard ads.
I know I’m not the only Chicagoan who’s angry about guns, and the murders on our streets; two more shot dead Monday night. City Hall is spending more time worrying and whining than stopping it.
A published report says between 100 and 200 Chicago Police officers will be off the streets Saturday to provide security for the wedding of top White House adviser Valerie Jarrett.
A dozen protesters have been charged after a rowdy demonstration that spilled onto the Magnificent Mile, but the protesters claim police were the ones who were out of control.
A Chicago police officer, who was stabbed in a fracas during protests of the NATO Summit over the weekend, was among the first batch to take in a free White Sox game at U.S. Cellular Field on Wednesday.
The head of the Chicago Fraternal Order of Police is praising his members for the jobs they did over the past few days during the NATO summit.
Chicago Police Supt. Garry McCarthy said Monday it was just a miscommunication this weekend, when police officers at Sunday’s anti-NATO demonstration began putting on their gas masks.
A CTA driver was critically injured and eight other people were hurt early Sunday in a chain-reaction crash on the South Side that involveda bus, a squad car and other vehicles.
The annual St. Jude Memorial March brought several thousand police officers and their families to Gold Star Families Memorial and Park on the lakefront on Sunday, to pay special tribute to officers who have died in the line of duty.
- Two Charged With River North BurglariesTwo people have been charged with burglary in connection with a spate of robberies this month in the River North neighborhood.98
- Portage Theater Closed For NowThe 93-year-old landmark theater at 4050 N. Milwaukee Ave. was shut down on Friday after Ald. John Arena (45th) blocked Carranza’s application for a liquor license, according to Carranza.90
- Man Shot And Killed Inside Hyde Park HomeA murder in Hyde Park, just blocks away from President Barack Obama's home.213
- Noise From Music Fest At Chicagoland Speedway Has Neighbors Up In ArmsMost of the complaints seem to be coming from the east of the Chicagoland Speedway in new Lenox, Frankfort and Mokena as grandstands protect the other three sides.127
- Roseland Hospital Cuts Staff, Salaries To Keep Doors OpenAs it waits to hear if it’ll receive a $7 million bailout to stay open, Roseland Community Hospital laid off almost 70 employees, and other hospital employees will take a pay cut.89
- Rev. Jackson: School Closings UndemocraticOpponents of Chicago school closures are vowing to fight on, but they appear to have little chance of reversing the mayor's agenda... unless a federal judge steps in, reports WBBM's Mike Krauser.90
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!