Chicago Ridge police officers carried the tiny casket holding the body of “Jeremiah Michael” was carried in a slow procession into Our Lady of the Ridge Catholic Church.
Strangers have been coming together to provide a funeral for a newborn baby boy, whose body was found inside a cooler at a suburban recycling plant last week.
The boy has been named Jeremiah Michael. The names have special meaning given the circumstances, Chicago Ridge Police Chief Robert Pyznarski said Tuesday.
Workers at a recycling plant in southwest suburban Chicago Ridge found a dead newborn boy inside a cooler on a conveyor belt early Wednesday morning.
Cook county prosecutors claim Gary Swiercz broke into his neighbor’s Tinley Park condo wearing a ski mask and carrying a knife, rope, zip ties, duct tape, an 8-inch sex toy and lubricant.
The woman who allegedly was attacked by a former suburban fire official went to him for help afterward, not knowing he was the one who broke into her home wearing a ski mask, and put a knife to her throat, prosecutors said Tuesday.
A deputy fire chief for south suburban Chicago Ridge has been released on bond, and placed on house arrest, after he was charged with breaking into a neighbor’s condo in Tinley Park, beat her, and threatened to kill her.
A 49-year-old Tinley Park man has been charged with home invasion and attempted murder after he allegedly broke into a woman’s condominium unit in the south suburb early Saturday and beat her while armed with a knife.
Police in south suburban Oak Lawn are looking for a man who they say stabbed two of his brothers-in-law late Saturday.
Bond was denied Saturday for a 19-year-old man charged with the fatal shooting of a Chicago Ridge girl in August in the Southwest Side McKinley Park neighborhood.
A 50-year-old man died Friday morning after suffering multiple stab wounds at his home in southwest suburban Chicago Ridge, according to the Cook County Medical Examiner’s office.
Officials in Chicago Ridge want to revisit a deal they made with their former police chief over his disability pay.
Authorities are looking for a jewelry thief who ripped off at least two Orland Park stores and is suspected of similar robberies in four other suburbs.
Police in southwest suburban Chicago Ridge have increased patrols after at least 15 cars were burglarized last weekend.
For the last eight months, Lance Cpl Chris Smith of Chicago Ridge served with the “Dark Horse” 3rd Battalion, 5th Marines. Their suffering, in loss-of-life and in injuries, was considerable.
Southwest suburban Chicago Ridge plan commissioners on Thursday night shot down a proposed strip club, denying a zoning variance that would’ve allowed liquor sales in a light-manufacturing zone.
A southwest suburban mother of three was sentenced to 10 years in prison after admitting having sex with teenage boys who were friends of her daughter.
A truckload full of appliances, worth more than $100,000, disappeared in Chicago. Crooks took the loot, but as CBS 2′s Roseanne Tellez reports, a little detective work paid off for the owners of a local trucking company.
- The List: Chicago Schools To Be ClosedThe Chicago School Board voted to close 49 underutilized or underperforming elementary schools on Wednesday as part of a plan to close a $1 billion budget deficit.492
- Board Votes To Close 49 Chicago Elementary SchoolsThe Chicago Board of Education on Wednesday voted to close 49 elementary schools, in what is believed to be the biggest single mass shutdown of schools in U.S. history.4834
- Lockdown Lifted At Morton West High SchoolMorton West High School has been placed on lock down for precautionary reasons after an unknown individual entered the building.558
- Former Glenbard East Student Accused Of Planning Columbine-Type AttackA 19-year-old former student at Glenbard East High School in Lombard was in custody on Wednesday, accused of planning a "Columbine-style" attack on the school, with a list of people he wanted to target.561
- Woman Robs North Side BankA woman robbed a Lakeview bank Tuesday afternoon on the city’s North Side.262
- Four Schools To Be Spared From Closing; Another To Be DelayedHours before a final vote by the Chicago Board of Education, Chicago Public Schools officials have agreed to back off of plans to close four of the 53 elementary schools targeted for closing at the end of the school year, Board Vice President Jesse Ruiz confirmed Wednesday morning.415
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!