My mom said if I don’t go outside at least five times this month she’ll ground me and I won’t be able to play any videogames. So I made a list. It’s a list of five things I want to do in July. You might like this list. Here it is.
Late-night host Conan O’Brien is coming to town, as part of the multi-venue Just for Laughs Festival.
Chicagoans who suffer the chills of “second city syndrome” should feel the warm & fuzzies this June, as we become top dog on the American comedy scene. How so, you may ask? Well for the fourth year in a row, Chicago will host the largest comedy festival in the United States, a multi-venue, multi-talent laugh-fest that spans the city and pulls the country’s hottest comedians in from the comfy coasts to their faithful city of stand-up destiny, Chicago.
About 3,000 union janitors occupied the plaza outside of Chase Bank in downtown Chicago Sunday afternoon, as the group prepared for contract negotiations.
Unlike the city’s rock venues, most of the shows for downtown dance and theater establishments let out early enough to leave you jonesing for cocktail before moving on with the evening. We’ve singled out a few of our best choices for post-show drinks.
Good old Rhymin’ Simon will be playing a concert tonight at the Chicago Theatre.
After Charlie Sheen’s disastrous debut in Detroit this weekend, he seemed to please at least some fans here as he brought his loosely formatted show to the Chicago Theatre on Sunday.
The troubled television actor, newly fired from “Two and a Half Men,” brings his national tour to the Chicago Theatre on Sunday. It’s anybody’s guess what will happen.
Tickets to Charlie Sheen’s one-man show in Chicago, and another one in Detroit, sold out in just 18 minutes over the weekend.
Now that Charlie Sheen has been fired from “Two and a Half Men,” the actor is going on tour – and coming to Chicago.
Some things get better with age, some don’t. And while age may have taken a toll on some of these venues, each of them represents an excellent place to see one of your favorite artists.
- Boy, 17, Fatally Shot In Back Of The YardsA teenage boy was fatally shot in the South Side Back of the Yards neighborhood Tuesday evening, police said.147
- Police: Man Killed In Jump From Gold Coast BuildingA man jumped to his death early Tuesday from the Gold Coast high-rise building where he lived, authorities said.303
- Police: Man Touches Woman’s Leg At South Loop CTA StationPolice are looking for man who inappropriately touched a woman at a South Loop CTA station Tuesday morning.147
- Rapper Chief Keef Arrested In Georgia Hotel After Staff Smells MarijuanaChicago rapper Chief Keef makes no secret of his fondness for marijuana. The staff at the swanky LeMeridien Atlanta Perimeter hotel doesn’t share that fondness.144
- Florida Man Pleads Guilty In Fatal Stabbing Of Bears FanA Florida man has pleaded guilty to fatally stabbing a Bears fan who traveled to Jacksonville to see the Bears take on the Jaguars in October.619
- Man Critically Hurt In Jump From 3rd Floor Of HospitalA man was critically injured after attempting to jump from the window of a hospital Tuesday in the South Side Englewood neighborhood.201
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!