Chicago Transit Authority
A 16-mile stretch of Ashland Avenue will be the city’s first target for bus rapid transit, with a plan for high-speed buses from 95th Street to Irving Park Road announced Friday at a cost of about $10 million per mile.
If gun owners are allowed to ride the CTA armed, its union leaders want to arm transit personnel to the teeth, also, but the union says allowing commuters to carry guns on buses and trains would be “disastrous.”
The Chicago Transit Authority is hoping to catch more crime on camera.
Five people were hospitalized earlier Saturday when a Chicago Transit Authority bus and a car were involved in an accident on Kedzie Avenue, in the Brighton Park neighborhood.
The Chicago Transit Authority has launched a search for artists who will spruce up and bring some expression to seven Red Line stops along the north lakefront.
Despite reservations voiced by several riders, and concerns from several board members, the CTA’s board voted Wednesday to approve service changes that will add service on six rapid transit and 48 bus routes, but eliminate all or portions of up to 26 bus routes.
The Chicago Transit Authority has selected a contractor to handle the massive rehabilitation project for the South Red Line, and the firm will subcontract about 30 percent of the work to minority- and women-owned businesses.
The CTA’s plan to ease crowding at the cost of all or portions of 26 bus routes ran into heavy opposition Tuesday night at the only public hearing on the proposed changes.
Some neighbors are furious at a plan by the Chicago Transit Authority that would the No. 11 Lincoln Avenue bus from Lincoln Square to Lincoln Park.
The Chicago Transit Authority is planning to add service on its most congested bus and ‘L’ lines, but 12 routes with low ridership are set to get the axe.
The Chicago Transit Authority is set to close the Thorndale Red Line ‘L’ station Friday night, as part of its program to give facelifts to seven stops along the North Side leg of the line.
CTA riders are beginning to complain about trains bunching up, especially during rush hours. The transit agency is trying to respond.
The Chicago Transit Authority will test bus service on a portion of 31st Street for the first time in 15 years, beginning next month – but the line won’t go to the lakefront as activists have hoped.
A 28-year-old man is dead, after falling onto the tracks at the Forest Park Blue Line ‘L’ terminal Tuesday night.
CTA riders can breathe a little easier now when they spot an ‘L’ car that appears to be ready to leave without them as they’re racing to the platform.
Police are looking for a suspect, after a woman’s simple commute on the CTA Green Line was shattered by a robber with a semi-automatic weapon.
A man was electrocuted early Wednesday on the CTA Blue Line tracks in the Logan Square neighborhood, and police do not know who he was and how he got there.
If you’re looking for work, there may be an opportunity Monday for you to become a bus driver.
The Chicago Transit Authority is taking extraordinary steps to make sure that South Side residents have a good shot at the jobs to be created the Red Line’s tracks are rebuilt through that area.
The Chicago Transit Authority is stepping up inspections of track, using special trains that spray water on overheated rails and is working aggressively to keep air conditioning working aboard its trains and in its trackside switch houses to deal with the extreme heat.
- Jail Inmate Charged With Previous Murder, Shooting In RobbinsA Cook County Jail inmate faces new charges in connection with a 2012 murder and a separate 2011 shooting in south suburban Robbins, the Cook County Sheriff’s office announced Saturday.60
- Teen Hurt In Little Village ShootingA 14-year-old boy was shot in the arm Saturday afternoon in the Southwest Side Little Village neighborhood.86
- Man Charged With Videotaping Women In Hospital WashroomA poorly secured cell phone in a west suburban hospital washroom that a man had allegedly set up to secretly videotape women in the toilet area was discovered by a woman when the phone fell to the washroom floor on Friday. She alerted police, who then arrested and charged a 49-year-old Franklin Park man with unlawful videotaping.156
- Young Man Shot Outside Old Orchard Shopping CenterA young man was wounded in a shooting in north suburban Skokie Friday night, outside the Old Orchard Shopping Center.227
- 3 Dead, 8 Shot In Citywide ViolenceThree men were killed and at least eight other people were wounded in violence around the city since Friday night.167
- Orange Line Service Resumes After Train-Pedestrian IncidentCTA commuters were temporarily stymied on the Orange Line during the Friday rush hour after a train fatally struck a man on the tracks.401
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- OREO Text-In Giveaway May 6, 2013The OREO King Size single serve packs are ideal for on the go snacking and sharing. To celebrate OREO King Size packs, text the keyword “OREO” to 67011 to enter for your chance to win a $250 Visa gift card!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!