Warm, humid air over Chicago is likely to create some strong, isolated thunderstorms around the evening rush hour on Monday.
The day after Chicago set a “snowless” record, the area is expected to experience near-record high temperatures.
Chicago will likely set a record for the most days without at least an inch of snow on the ground, and there is little prospect for any measurable snowfall for the next week.
A strong storm with rain, snow and high winds hit Chicagoland on Thursday and caused thousands of power outages and flight cancellations at the city’s two major airports.
It could be back to reality for early April — complete with freezing temperatures.
For the fourth day in a row, a record-setting high temperature has been set in Chicago.
While the return of the sun and gradually warming temperatures mean that spring really is on its way to the Chicago area, it also means ice skating enthusiasts will have to wait until the onset of next winter to take part in this activity outdoors.
Unseasonably warm weather is expected to move into the Chicago area next week — but not before a cold and snowy weekend.
With the snowfall for the season not expected to exceed two inches by next week, this winter, which has already gotten off to a remarkably slow start with regards to snowfall, is shaping up to be one of the least snowy on record for the Chicago area.
Rain will give way to the cold.
Temperatures to remain above average, with up to an inch of rain. (If that rain were snow, it would amount to 10 inches, reports CBS 2′s Megan Glaros).
A severe line of storms capable of producing rain-wrapped tornadoes — and wind gusts of up to 80 mph — has been spotted in the western suburbs and appears to be heading to Chicago, the National Weather Service warns.
More thunderstorms could produce very heavy rainfall and even quarter-sized hail early Sunday morning, leading into another rainy, cloudy day.
After months in which highs in the 30s or 40s were enough to get people excited, are you ready for highs over 80 degrees?
The unseasonably warm temperatures yesterday evening gave way to pounding thunderstorms and hail amounting to 1 3/4 inches in some places.
- Some People You Should Know: The MelodeersIt all began when barbershop patrons started singing while waiting to get their hair cut. A century or so later, the Melodeers chorus is taking the music to a dazzling new height with 140 ladies singing in unaccompanied four-part harmony. CBS 2's Harry Porterfield reports.155
- Mother Of Student Pushed Down School Stairs ‘Enraged’ At Security GuardNew video surfaced Friday that appears to show sophomore Lauren Goodlow being pushed by a male security guard. CBS 2's Dorothy Tucker reports.329
- House Passes Concealed Carry Plan Opposed By Senate LeaderGun owners in the only state still banning concealed weapons would win that right under a plan approved by the Illinois House on Friday, but the governor and other powerful Democrats oppose the plan because it would wipe out local gun ordinances -- including Chicago's ban on assault weapons.220
- Two Shot Near Roosevelt CTA StationAround 11:10 a.m., a 57-year-old man and a 30-year-old man were shot in the 1100 block of South State Street.256
- Store Owner Kidnapped In Pilsen, SUV StolenPolice said the 78-year-old man was closing the store in the 1100 block of West 18th Street when a group of men threw a pillowcase over his head, hit him in the face, and forced him into his own SUV.248
- Man Found Shot To Death In Zion Supermarket Parking LotThe man found shot to death in a parking in north suburban Zion on Thursday afternoon has been identified as a Waukegan resident.152
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!