Chicago White Sox
With two outs in the bottom of the ninth, White Sox closer Addison Reed plunked former teammate A.J. Pierzynski in the left shoulder with a fastball.
After struggling to start the season, the White Sox have optioned reliever Donnie Veal to Triple-A Charlotte.
Like it or not, sabermetrics are here to stay and likely to be amended, and often. I would like to suggest the Hawk takes some time to understand it. Give it chance. Use it from time to time.
After one month this season, believe it or not, Dunn is on pace for a worse season than 2011, except in the power numbers.
It’s a playoff game and I’m wondering how a team misses 25-of-26 shots and then I see Brooklyn scrawled on the jersey.
(CBS) At least the White Sox are embracing this. Thursday afternoon, White Sox broadcaster Ken “The Hawk” Harrelson joined MLB Now’s Brian Kenny to debate the role sabermetrics should play in baseball today. Hawk was […]
Alex Rios hit a two-run homer and the Chicago White Sox beat the Cleveland Indians 3-2 on Wednesday to stop a four-game losing streak.
Tonight’s White Sox-Indians game at U.S. Cellular Field has been postponed.
The White Sox supposedly have a progressive statistical GM with a manager willing to embrace a numbers-driven era. An organization with those in charge on the same page. The manager is willing, right?
Tonight’s White Sox-Twins game has been postponed due to a forecast of cold and windy conditions, the team announced.
I love baseball. My affair with the game goes back over 50 years when I was child emulating longtime broadcaster Jack Brickhouse on the gravel field of Hibbard Elementary School in Albany Park.
It’s not John Danks, but the White Sox have a member of the Danks family on their active roster.
Paul Konerko spent a lot of time hitting alongside Carlos Quentin when the outfielder was with the White Sox. And he had a front row seat to some of the history between Quentin and pitcher Zack Greinke when Greinke was with the Royals.
You may have heard what White Sox broadcaster Hawk Harrelson said about sabermetrics Wednesday night. If you didn’t, Brian Kenny certainly did.
The White Sox recalled right-handed pitcher Deunte Heath from Triple-A Charlotte Friday and officially placed Gordon Beckham on the 15-day disabled list.
One of my favorite things to ever happen in sports is occurring this weekend.
Gordon Beckham has a fractured hamate bone in his left wrist and will be out at least 6-8 weeks, the White Sox announced Thursday.
As he continues to battle diverticulitis, White Sox pitching coach Don Cooper will miss the remainder of the team’s 10-game road trip.
The Mac & Spiegs Cubs/Sox prop bets are back, and here’s an update.
According to multiple reports on Twitter, White Sox pitching coach Don Cooper has been hospitalized with diverticulitis.
- 3 Dead, 8 Shot In Citywide ViolenceThree men were killed and at least eight other people were wounded in violence around the city since Friday night.75
- Orange Line Service Resumes After Train-Pedestrian IncidentCTA commuters were temporarily stymied on the Orange Line during the Friday rush hour after a train fatally struck a man on the tracks.401
- Illinois Senate Passes Medical Marijuana LegislationIllinois Gov. Pat Quinn must decide if he will sign a measure allowing the use of marijuana for medical purposes after the state Senate approved legislation on Friday.1238
- Teen Fatally Stabbed In Fight Outside Suburban Grocery StoreRomeoville police say a 17-year-old boy and a 22-year-old man got into a fight in the parking lot outside the Jewel-Osco on Weber Road.432
- Powerball Jackpot At $600 Million: Most Common NumbersThe Powerball jackpot was increased Friday to $600 million, making it the largest Powerball jackpot ever.781
- Police Believe Alleged Con Man Had Scores Of Victims In 4 StatesPark Ridge police were asking for the public’s health in a fraud investigation against a man they said has been using a fake identity to fleece people in at least four states.148
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- OREO Text-In Giveaway May 6, 2013The OREO King Size single serve packs are ideal for on the go snacking and sharing. To celebrate OREO King Size packs, text the keyword “OREO” to 67011 to enter for your chance to win a $250 Visa gift card!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!