Let’s all stop the stupidity over Brian Urlacher needing to keep some kind of pristine connection to the Bears, as if the mere sight of him limping around the field in any other colors is somehow unthinkable.
The Bears need general manager availability, with Phil Emery standing at the lectern to announce the future direction of the franchise, today. ASAP.
It makes us feel better when we can determine direct causes, identify means of prevention of similar acts, or categorize those involved as somehow different, distant or foreign.
I give Eric Winston credit for standing up for his injured teammate, but his naiveté is striking.
The Bears decided on their new general manager after sifting through a list of names that caused no excitement, whatsoever, arriving at the perfect culmination of their tedious, uninspiring process.
They did it front of the stunned, silent home fans, displaying the truth of their thin, banged-up roster and making clear what has probably been the story since Jay Cutler got hurt: they never had a shot.
I guess we have the most practical definition yet of Franchise Quarterback.
Never again do I want to have another leaflet-passer on the corner look me in the eye, grin vacantly and say “Jesus loves you.”
We may never recover from this. It has happened.
When it comes to the cult of Tim Tebow, I guess I’m just going to be Left Behind.
There doesn’t seem to be a lot going on with the labor negotiations between the NFL and the players union. And it’s that lack of negotiation that is beginning to frustrate commissioner Roger Goodell.
As Bears as Bears can be, they take a perfectly satisfying story and complicate it by screwing something up.
This time of year, people take precautions to prevent getting sick. Professional football players are no different, and sometimes need to remember the basics.
After failing under high expectations at Notre Dame, Charlie Weis returned to the NFL and helped the Kansas City Chiefs get to the playoffs. Now he’ll return to college as the new offensive coordinator at Florida.
Last Sunday, after the Bears upended Philly, I was eating crow. Seven days later, after watching them struggle to beat the better-but-still-bad Lions, I was about ready to cough it back up.
Joe Ostrowski ranks the top ten teams in the NFL. And of course tells you where the Bears stack up.
Joe Ostrowski ranks the top ten teams in the NFL. And it probably won’t come as a surprise that the Bears aren’t in the list, but they’re not as far down as you might think.
- The List: Chicago Schools To Be ClosedThe Chicago School Board voted to close 49 underutilized or underperforming elementary schools on Wednesday as part of a plan to close a $1 billion budget deficit.492
- Board Votes To Close 49 Chicago Elementary SchoolsThe Chicago Board of Education on Wednesday voted to close 49 elementary schools, in what is believed to be the biggest single mass shutdown of schools in U.S. history.4834
- Lockdown Lifted At Morton West High SchoolMorton West High School has been placed on lock down for precautionary reasons after an unknown individual entered the building.558
- Former Glenbard East Student Accused Of Planning Columbine-Type AttackA 19-year-old former student at Glenbard East High School in Lombard was in custody on Wednesday, accused of planning a "Columbine-style" attack on the school, with a list of people he wanted to target.561
- Woman Robs North Side BankA woman robbed a Lakeview bank Tuesday afternoon on the city’s North Side.262
- Four Schools To Be Spared From Closing; Another To Be DelayedHours before a final vote by the Chicago Board of Education, Chicago Public Schools officials have agreed to back off of plans to close four of the 53 elementary schools targeted for closing at the end of the school year, Board Vice President Jesse Ruiz confirmed Wednesday morning.415
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!