A 34-year-old Chicago man has been charged with killing his girlfriend’s 4-year-old son and the boy’s mother has been charged with child endangerment and concealing a homicide in her son’s death.
An autopsy Saturday determined a four-year-old boy died Friday from child abuse and his death was ruled a homicide.
A Naperville man has begun serving a one-year prison sentence for using candy to lure two pre-teenage girls into his condominium unit and licking one of them on the lips.
A northwest suburban woman was charged with aggravated battery to a child after her infant boy was taken to an area hospital with a broken leg.
The state Department of Children and Family Services is investigating allegations of neglect against the parents of a one-month-old girl who died Friday in the South Shore neighborhood.
Police are questioning the parents of a 3-month old Jefferson Park girl who died on Tuesday as a result of several injuries from child abuse.
The Illinois Dept. of Children and Family Services is investigating allegations of abuse against the mother and father of a 3-month-old Northwest Side boy who died on Tuesday.
Police and prosecutors have released more information on multiple battery charges filed after a severely injured infant was treated at an area hospital.
An autopsy was inconclusive on a 1-month-old girl who died early Friday, prompting a state investigation.
It was an extreme case of animal hoarding. There were hundreds of animals living inside a Berwyn house. A teenager was found dead there and now, for the first time, the family is revealing why they never called for help.
A 49-year-old woman has been charged with criminal abuse, neglect and child endangerment after her disabled teenage son died amid squalid conditions in their west suburban home.
A man allegedly burned his girlfriend’s two small children that he lived with because he was upset about the snacks they were eating.
Ricardo Robledo-Espino faces up to 30 years in prison after being convicted Monday of breaking an infant’s legs as he took care of the girl last year.
An autopsy Saturday determined a toddler who died Thursday was beaten to death.
A south suburban woman filed a wrongful death lawsuit Tuesday against the alleged operator of a babysitting facility where her 20-month-old daughter was abused in 2009.
The state is investigating the Tuesday death of a south suburban Country Club Hills infant.
A 56-year-old West Englewood neighborhood woman was charged with physically abusing a disabled 13-year-old girl after the child’s mother captured the alleged incident on videotape, police said.
A man is being held on $100,000 bond after being charged with beating his girlfriend’s young children with a leather belt.
Hugo Dominguez, 38, was charged Thursday with one count of aggravated domestic battery, while his girlfriend, Mary Ramirez, is charged with one count of unlawful restraint.
A Waukegan man has been charged with aggravated battery for allegedly breaking his infant son’s leg.
- History Of Tornadoes In Chicago AreaThe massive EF-4 tornado to hit Moore, Okla., is rare, but twisters with that kind of force have hit the Chicago area in the past, and have been extremely deadly.593
- Local Storm Chaser Describes ‘Sickening, Deafening Roar’ Of Oklahoma TornadoA south suburban man whose hobby is chasing storms was in Moore, Okla., on Monday when a massive tornado devastated the town, killing at least 24 people.224
- High School Duo Has Never Missed A Day Of ClassThey say no one's perfect, but one school in the far southwestern suburbs has not just one, but two students who have achieved perfection in one area.136
- Deadly Oklahoma Tornado Serves As Reminder To Prepare For Disasters“Tornado sheltering basics involved three steps – get in, get down and cover-up. The overall goal is to avoid flying and falling debris by putting as many barriers between you and the tornado as possible,” according to one expert at the National Weather Service in Norman, Oklahoma.121
- Lightning Strikes Damage Two Homes OvernightAt least two homes in the Chicago area were struck by lightning overnight as heavy thunderstorms plowed through the region.198
- Police Seek Help Identifying Female Homicide VictimPolice are asking for help to identify the body of woman or teen girl found strangled and badly burned in a Northwest Side Avondale neighborhood Dumpster Sunday night.137
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!