Deborah Gomez, 43, and her husband, Adolfo Gomez, 52, of Northlake, Ill., have been in custody since they were arrested June 13. Police found two of their children, ages 5 and 7, bound by their hands and feet in a Walmart parking lot in Lawrence.
A young mother has been charged with child endangerment, after her son was found running by himself in the Englewood neighborhood on Monday night.
A young mom and her sister went to parties, leaving their unsupervised children to die in a house fire, prosecutors said.
A Wisconsin man has been arrested and his 3-year-old son turned over to the state Department of Children and Family Services after he tried to leave the boy with strangers at the Greyhound bus station in the West Loop late Saturday.
Chicago police said a South Side woman abducted a baby earlier this week to help out her boyfriend, who had been arrested for another crime.
The boy who fell from his third-story window last month is in foster care with a 5-year-old child after they both were found home alone Saturday morning.
Police say a man didn’t think it was as funny as his son’s mother when she sent him a picture of the 1-year-old boy bound and gagged with tape in southwest suburban Joliet.
A Little Village neighborhood couple is charged with child endangerment, in an investigation by police and state welfare agents following the death of their infant son and the discovery of three other children living in squalor.
Police say a woman waited three days to bring her 3-year-old son to the hospital after she and her boyfriend gave him a severe beating in southwest suburban Joliet.
A 34-year-old Chicago man has been charged with killing his girlfriend’s 4-year-old son and the boy’s mother has been charged with child endangerment and concealing a homicide in her son’s death.
A man became so upset when his 2-year-old son asked him to change his soiled diaper that he scalded the toddler with a burning hot frying pan.
It was an extreme case of animal hoarding. There were hundreds of animals living inside a Berwyn house. A teenager was found dead there and now, for the first time, the family is revealing why they never called for help.
A 49-year-old woman has been charged with criminal abuse, neglect and child endangerment after her disabled teenage son died amid squalid conditions in their west suburban home.
Child endangerment charges have been filed against the father of a 9-month-old baby who was abandoned at an Archdiocese of Chicago building on the Near North Side Thursday afternoon.
A pregnant mother has been charged with child endangerment, joining two other people who were charged after one woman died and three people passed out from overdoses in Palos Hills earlier this week.
A woman had two young children in her car when she was stopped for driving 63 mph in a 45 mph zone while drunk, police said.
The grandparents of an infant boy who died at a northwest suburban hospital last week have been charged with felony child endangerment.
WHEATON (STMW) – A Bolingbrook man was sentenced in DuPage County Circuit Court Tuesday for leaving his 5-year-old daughter alone inside his car while he visited a downtown Naperville nightclub. William T. Gaston, 34, received […]
- Former Glenbard East Student Charged With Planning Violence At SchoolIn November, Michael Santoro allegedly made plans of a violent nature against the school, but the alleged plans remained unknown an acquaintance reported the threat to police two weeks ago, after learning about the plans in February.239
- Woman Robs North Side BankA woman robbed a Lakeview bank Tuesday afternoon on the city’s North Side.262
- Four Schools To Be Spared From Closing; Another To Be DelayedHours before a final vote by the Chicago Board of Education, Chicago Public Schools officials have agreed to back off of plans to close four of the 53 elementary schools targeted for closing at the end of the school year, Board Vice President Jesse Ruiz confirmed Wednesday morning.415
- Boy, 17, Fatally Shot In Back Of The YardsA teenage boy was fatally shot in the South Side Back of the Yards neighborhood Tuesday evening, police said.147
- Police: Man Killed In Jump From Gold Coast BuildingA man jumped to his death early Tuesday from the Gold Coast high-rise building where he lived, authorities said.303
- Police: Man Touches Woman’s Leg At South Loop CTA StationPolice are looking for man who inappropriately touched a woman at a South Loop CTA station Tuesday morning.147
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!