A woman carrying her 2-year-old daughter in her arms was shot outside her home in the Calumet Heights neighborhood, as kids were leaving school less than a block away.
A west suburban woman has been sentenced to prison for her fourth DUI arrest after she dropped her child off at school while intoxicated.
The image of legendary Miami Dolphins quarterback Dan Marino has taken a hit.
One adult and one child were treated for smoke inhalation after a small fire broke out in a residence in the West Englewood neighborhood Saturday afternoon.
She remembered the drugs, but not the child. Police say when a South Side who left her 3-year-old granddaughter on a CTA bus in the South Loop was arrested Wednesday night, they found heroin in her pocket.
A mother who admitted consuming “several alcoholic beverages” struck and killed her baby daughter as she was backing her car out of a driveway, police said.
A young boy on a bicycle was run over and killed in north suburban Skokie Monday evening in what authorities call a chain-reaction accident.
A west suburban Aurora man has been charged in connection with the abuse of a 3-year-old boy.
A child playing with a lighter ignited a blaze that damaged a northwest suburban St. Charles home, leaving the family homeless.
State child welfare officials are investigating and police expect to file charges Thursday afternoon after a 20-month-old boy died after hitting his head in a northwest Indiana home.
Authorities in southern Indiana say a man used pliers to pull two teeth from the mouth of his girlfriend’s 2-year-old son.
Parents are furious after a 5-year-old student is allowed to take the school bus after he brought a knife and threatened other students on it.
A baby boy who died after he was pulled from Lake Michigan Thursday afternoon has been identified as a 14-month-old boy who had been reported missing.
- State Discontinues Healthcare Funding For Disabled Stroke VictimUnconscionable. That's what a doctor calls a state decision to cut care funding for a patient.311
- Teen Says He Got E. Coli From Burrito At Lombard RestaurantA local teen says he got sick because of a burrito he ate from a local restaurant that's now the focus of an e coli outbreak.158
- Natura Pet Issues New Dog And Cat Food RecallNebraska-based Natura Pet Products has announced a new voluntary recall of multiple brands of dry pet food and treats. The decision comes after a positive test for Salmonella on April 3.7491
- Bakery Blunder Makes ‘Cat Cake’ A Viral SensationOf all the cat memes on the Internet, this one takes the cake.900
- Search Dog Tracks Missing Student To LakefrontVolunteers, friends and family were out in force Tuesday morning, resuming the search for a missing University of Chicago student.586
- Initial Tests ID Glittery Substance Along BeachIndiana environmental officials were investigating whether a Porter County manufacturer was responsible for a slick of glittery material that kept many swimmers out of Porter Beach on Monday.1095
- Win $1,000 In Gas From Hyundai! June 17, 2013Enter to win $1,000 in free gas from Hyundai! What’s better than free gas? How about the 2013 Elantra Limited with an EPA-Estimated 38 MPG Highway! 28 City/38 Hwy. EPA Estimates. For comparison only. Actual mileage may vary.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!