The Illinois Senate has passed a measure that would require parents to send their kids to school before their 7th birthday, in a vote that broke down along party lines.
Deputy Chief of Police Brian Budds says the goal appears to be “to lure these youths into the car and cause them harm.”
(CBS) — Several hundred people turned out for an evening rally and march Friday from Saint James Episcopal Cathedral, just off the Magnificent Mile, to Stroger Hospital. The protesters in the second annual “CrossWalk” attempted […]
Medical researchers from around the world, and here in Chicago, are working on ways to make children less sensitive to the foods they’re allergic to.
Welcome to Jukebox Jury, our new music debate show where experts face off and a jury of fans decides the winner. THE CASE: If you’ve ever seen a newborn in a onesie emblazoned with a […]
As lawmakers in Springfield take another shot at a gambling expansion bill, there’s a new look out at the behavior of gamblers.
Four of the victims suffered severe burns and two people died.
Firefighters used a saw to cut the bars off a basement window to try and reach the children, but were unable to rescue them.
A string of tragedies in the Chicago area over the past year prompted a safety advocacy group to look at the number of children killed or injured by falling televisions.
A Naperville woman accused of killing her son and a little girl she was baby-sitting last month entered a not guilty plea on Wednesday–in the first-ever televised court proceeding in the Chicago area.
CBS 2′s Harry Porterfield introduces us to some performers who believe laughter is the best medicine.
There are more than 28,000 iPads being used in Chicago Public Schools, and some of the students who use them each day are as young as three years old. Is all that screen time good for toddlers, and their little hands? CBS 2’s Chris Martinez went to a Chicago classroom to find out.
Aneta M. Marsek, 33, of Volo, Ill. and her two children – Chevelle, 2, and four-month-old Macenzie – have not been seen since Saturday evening, family members told Lake County sheriff’s police.
As CBS 2’s Roseanne Tellez reports, snoring isn’t just annoying for the rest of the family. It could put your child’s health at risk.
A Naperville man has a date in court, facing charges in connection with a case of apparent bicycle rage.
Parents have been taking their kids to 144 “Children First” sites for alternative activities and meals, but it turns out picketing teachers are showing up at the sites too.
Four youngsters are among the latest victims caught in Chicago’s gun violence epidemic, including two middle school-aged girls who were wounded in a neighborhood park on the Far South Side.
As CBS 2′s Mary Kay Kleist reports, a growing number of preschoolers have mouthfuls of cavities that require surgery to fix.
A northwest suburban man is being held on a $5 million bond after being charged with sexually assaulting a 10-year-old girl and her older cousin who were visiting his home Thursday.
Families in the Rogers Park neighborhood are being told to keep an eye out, as police search for two men who tried to abduct multiple children – the youngest just 4 years old.
- Some People You Should Know: The MelodeersIt all began when barbershop patrons started singing while waiting to get their hair cut. A century or so later, the Melodeers chorus is taking the music to a dazzling new height with 140 ladies singing in unaccompanied four-part harmony. CBS 2's Harry Porterfield reports.155
- Mother Of Student Pushed Down School Stairs ‘Enraged’ At Security GuardNew video surfaced Friday that appears to show sophomore Lauren Goodlow being pushed by a male security guard. CBS 2's Dorothy Tucker reports.329
- House Passes Concealed Carry Plan Opposed By Senate LeaderGun owners in the only state still banning concealed weapons would win that right under a plan approved by the Illinois House on Friday, but the governor and other powerful Democrats oppose the plan because it would wipe out local gun ordinances -- including Chicago's ban on assault weapons.220
- Two Shot Near Roosevelt CTA StationAround 11:10 a.m., a 57-year-old man and a 30-year-old man were shot in the 1100 block of South State Street.256
- Store Owner Kidnapped In Pilsen, SUV StolenPolice said the 78-year-old man was closing the store in the 1100 block of West 18th Street when a group of men threw a pillowcase over his head, hit him in the face, and forced him into his own SUV.248
- Man Found Shot To Death In Zion Supermarket Parking LotThe man found shot to death in a parking in north suburban Zion on Thursday afternoon has been identified as a Waukegan resident.152
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!