Children’s Memorial Hospital
But the prime Lincoln Park real estate where the hospital once stood still sits vacant, with redevelopment plans far from complete. CBS 2’s Marissa Bailey reports.
Following a series of community meetings and input from area residents, Ald. Michele Smith (43rd) has rejected redevelopment plans for the former Children’s Memorial Hospital site in Lincoln Park.
The final plan calls for more than 1,000 new apartments, green space and retail shops as well, keeping some existing buildings and demolishing others. CBS 2′s Marissa Bailey reports.
Ribbon-cutting is set for Tuesday morning in Streeterville for the new Ronald McDonald House, a place to stay for the families of patients at the new Lurie Children’s Hospital.
Officials will cut the ribbon on Tuesday for a new 15-story Ronald McDonald House in Streeterville, the largest of its kind.
A full 130 years after opening its first facility in the Lincoln Park neighborhood, Children’s Memorial Hospital is leaving the neighborhood behind for a shiny new facility in Streeterville.
Patients at Children’s Memorial Hospital helped cut the ribbon Monday on the hospital’s new $855 million home in Streeterville.
It was an emotional moment for former Mayor Richard M. Daley on Tuesday, as a haven for hospitalized kids was dedicated at the new Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children’s Hospital of Chicago.
A doctor at Children’s Memorial Hospital he would like to help develop a clinic for transgender children.
DePaul University will be taking over one of the buildings on the Children’s Memorial Hospital campus after the hospital moves from its Lincoln Park home.
They say laughter is the best medicine, and a Chicago father-son duo is really put that old adage to the test.
Children’s Memorial says it broke a record for fundraising Sunday, as 3,000 people climbed to the top floor of the Aon Center to raise money for charity.
A new study by researchers at Children’s Memorial Hospital offers a dietary alternative for parents who don’t want their hyperactive children treated with medicine.
Chicago nearly comes to a halt for the Christmas holiday as many businesses shut their doors and give employees time to celebrate. But, what about those places that operate 24/7?
Citing safety concerns, a new lawsuit seeks to prevent Children’s Memorial Hospital from opening its long-planned heliport atop its new home in Streeterville.
Two people were hospitalized after a vehicle crashed into a North Side children’s hospital building Tuesday night in the Lincoln Park neighborhood.
Mayor Rahm Emanuel wants City officials to overhaul Chicago’s regulations governing heliports, something he says his long overdue.
Opponents say they have new ammunition in their fight against a helipad at the new Children’s Memorial Hospital complex, which is now under construction in Streeterville.
The parents of a courageous 6-year-old boy with an extremely rare disease have been on a crusade to help save other children nationwide. CBS 2′s Dave Savini looked into the life of a boy named Max and his parents’ fight for a cure.
Doctors at Children’s Memorial Hospital and Chicago Public Schools officials said they support Mayor Rahm Emanuel’s push for legislation to use red light cameras to catch speeders near schools and parks.
- Two Shot Near Roosevelt CTA StationAround 11:10 a.m., a 57-year-old man and a 30-year-old man were shot in the 1100 block of South State Street.247
- Store Owner Kidnapped In Pilsen, SUV StolenPolice said the 78-year-old man was closing the store in the 1100 block of West 18th Street when a group of men threw a pillowcase over his head, hit him in the face, and forced him into his own SUV.248
- Man Found Shot To Death In Zion Supermarket Parking LotPolice responded to calls of shots fired about 4:34 p.m. and found the man, whose age and identity were not immediately released, shot in the front seat of a vehicle in the 2800 block of Sheridan Road.152
- School Warns Parents Of Kidnapping Attempt On PlaygroundA man tried to abduct a 4th grader from the playground at Alexander Graham Bell Elementary School at 3730 N Oakley Ave on Wednesday.150
- Senate Passes Ban On Handheld Cell Phones While DrivingThe proposal says drivers must use hands-free devices or speakerphone features.127
- Three Stabbed On Northwest SideThree teenagers were stabbed in the Belmont Cragin area Thursday night on the Northwest Side.142
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!