The countdown is on: In just about a month, the CTA will begin the Red Line reconstruction project.
Say goodbye to the dragon and get ready to celebrate the year of the snake as the Chicagoland area prepares for the Chinese new year. From tea ceremonies to parades, there’s plenty to do to start the new year. Use this list to get started in planning your own festivities.
The 2 Investigators went undercover to buy fireworks from Chicago stores. Pam Zekman reports.
The south branch of the CTA Red Line, one of the busiest on the system, will be shut down for five months next spring for a massive track overhaul, officials announced on Monday.
A man was in police custody Friday morning, after two people were stabbed in a fight in a Chinatown apartment.
Is there anything better than good Chinese food? It’s the classic take-out food for both lunch and dinner. It’s the easiest answer to, “I don’t feel like cooking tonight. How ‘bout we order Chinese food?” We probably all have our favorite restaurant, but here are the some of the stars in Chicago. Make sure to list your favorite in the comments section!
Premier Bank has become the third Illinois bank to fail this year, and the second this month. State regulators worked with the bank for months in an attempt to save it.
Seven teens – six boys and a girl – have been charged in connection with the brutal beating in the Bridgeport neighborhood this past weekend that went viral on YouTube.
Two former road test examiners for the Illinois Secretary of State’s office recorded passing grades on tests in exchange for bribes, prosecutors allege.
A newspaper vendor was hit by a car on the Chinatown feeder ramp from the Dan Ryan Expressway Wednesday morning.
Luckily, you don’t have to catch an airplane to explore the rich cultural heritage of China. Chicago’s unique Chinatown is the 3rd largest in the United States, and offers a wide array of fun sights, activities, shops and tasty treats that both kids and adults will appreciate. Grab your (pretend) passports and fly on over to Chinatown!
A body was pulled from the Chicago River’s South Branch near Chinatown this morning.
A dog was rescued from the Chicago River today near Chinatown.
Gov. Pat Quinn is set to sign legislation Monday to protect minority communities come election time.
Police have released a surveillance video image of one of three people who battered and robbed a woman at a Near South Side CTA station.
Chinese President Hu Jintao has arrived in Chicago for a two-day visit that could benefit regional businesses.
- Students Disciplined For ‘Sexting’ Incident At Evanston Township HighIn a letter to parents dated Thursday, District 202 Supt. Eric Witherspoon wrote that girls sent inappropriate photos to members of the varsity baseball team.265
- Cops Crack Down On Retailers Who Sell Stolen GoodsA new law in Illinois is allowing police and retailers to work together to crack down on organized retail theft. CBS 2's Mike Puccinelli reports.117
- Jury Sides With Donald Trump In Condo Dispute With Woman, 87A federal jury has sided with developer Donald Trump -- not the 87-year-old woman who says she was cheated financially after buying two condominiums at his Trump Tower project.1056
- VIDEO: Guard Allegedly Pushes Dunbar Student Down StairsAn employee at a public high school in the Bronzeville neighborhood has been taken off the job after being recorded on cell phone video pushing a girl down a set of stairs.408
- Concealed Carry Bill Moves To House Floor, But Senate ObjectsA concealed-carry gun deal brokered by House Speaker Michael Madigan cleared a House committee Thursday, but its prospects were unclear across the Capitol in the Senate because of the way it would curb existing local gun laws.165
- Four Hurt In Wrong-Way Crash On Chicago SkywayA 25-year-old man has been cited for driving the wrong way on the Chicago Skyway, after a head-on crash with a pickup truck Thursday morning that sent four people to hospitals.232
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!