Adam Hoge grades the Bears following the their fourth loss in their last five games.
Adam Hoge grades the Bears following their 23-17 overtime loss to the Seattle Seahawks Sunday.
While Lovie Smith’s team wasn’t eliminated by the Seahawks Sunday, it was beaten and exposed. This one looked bad.
Using NFL GameRewind’s All-22 Coaches Film footage, I break down the Titans inside-zone running scheme.
Using NFL GameRewind, let’s take a look at a few plays involving Major Wright to compare and contrast his technique and discipline week to week.
Time offers the opportunity for perspective, so I thought it would be a good idea to wait each week to give my thoughts on the Bears game.
Brian Urlacher was again on the practice field Wednesday, but the more important development may have been the sighting of Adam Podlesh who was punting.
The Bears made their final cuts Friday to reduce the roster to 53 players. They can sign eight players to the practice squad Saturday.
In 2012, Chris Conte needs to show improvement in run support, specifically with his pursuit angles.
Former Bear Chris Harris, who is currently a free agent, said he would gladly welcome a phone call from the Bears, if the team decided to pursue the 30-year-old.
With injuries to both Chris Conte and Brandon Hardin, the Bears have signed safety Mark LeGree to a one-year deal.
In the Bears preseason win over the Redskins on Saturday, the team was seemingly running on all cylinders. That is, of course, with the exception of the safeties.
Saturday night’s preseason game between the Bears and Redskins was delayed several minutes after rookie safety Brandon Hardin suffered a scary injury and had to be immobilized and carted off the field.
This is my evaluation of how the Bears have – or haven’t – improved their talent level per position group since 2011, and an overall assessment of each.
The Bears were back at it Wednesday in the middle of their second week of OTAs. Here are some thoughts and observations straight from my notebook.
Bears safety Chris Conte was placed on injured reserved along with wide receiver Johnny Knox, who had back surgery Monday, the team announced in a news release.
Here are the good, bad and ugly from this week’s Bears-Raiders game.
When the Bears announced Major Wright and Chris Conte would be the new starting safeties, few knew how the tandem would handle their promotion.
Leading charge for the Eagles is the versatile Michael Vick, who’s legs are just as much a threat as his arms. Add to that mix an explosive group of wide receivers and a running back rushing for over five yards per carry, and the Bears have a tantalizing challenge.
Another big game for the Bears as they travel to take on Philadelphia tonight. If the Bears can find a way to win, they put themselves in a great spot to continue the playoff race. A loss with a rested Detroit coming in next week makes things more difficult. Here are the matchups I’m looking at:
- Two Charged With River North BurglariesTwo people have been charged with burglary in connection with a spate of robberies this month in the River North neighborhood.98
- Portage Theater Closed For NowThe 93-year-old landmark theater at 4050 N. Milwaukee Ave. was shut down on Friday after Ald. John Arena (45th) blocked Carranza’s application for a liquor license, according to Carranza.90
- Man Shot And Killed Inside Hyde Park HomeA murder in Hyde Park, just blocks away from President Barack Obama's home.213
- Noise From Music Fest At Chicagoland Speedway Has Neighbors Up In ArmsMost of the complaints seem to be coming from the east of the Chicagoland Speedway in new Lenox, Frankfort and Mokena as grandstands protect the other three sides.127
- Roseland Hospital Cuts Staff, Salaries To Keep Doors OpenAs it waits to hear if it’ll receive a $7 million bailout to stay open, Roseland Community Hospital laid off almost 70 employees, and other hospital employees will take a pay cut.89
- Rev. Jackson: School Closings UndemocraticOpponents of Chicago school closures are vowing to fight on, but they appear to have little chance of reversing the mayor's agenda... unless a federal judge steps in, reports WBBM's Mike Krauser.90
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!