Despite Gabe Carimi’s demotion this week, Bears analyst Tom Thayer said he believes the second-year offensive tackle “is going to have a bright NFL career.”
After Monday’s disastrous 32-7 loss to the 49ers, the Bears have started making some changes along the offensive line, most notably benching right tackle Gabe Carimi.
Mike Tice liked how Chris Williams played at right tackle in the first preseason game and he once again is giving him the chance to beat out Webb for the starting left tackle position.
The Chicago Bears are one of the teams that many NFL observers are feeling good about with the season about five weeks away from starting.
Regular season games don’t get much bigger than this one.
They haven’t looked truly remarkable since their Week 1 thrashing of Atlanta, but in running the ball better of late and an improved defense, the playoffs don’t seem as far fetched as they did after the Green Bay and New Orleans debacles earlier in the year.
t will be a showdown in Motown on Monday night, when the Chicago Bears take on the undefeated Detroit Lions in the “2nd place in the NFC North” bowl.
Lovie Smith said Monday that right guard Chris Spencer has a small fracture in his right hand, but the injury does not appear to be serious.
Bears general manager Jerry Angelo thinks the Bears did everything they could to improve the offensive line in the off-season.
Questions have been pouring in since the Bears lost to New Orleans Sunday. Let’s see what’s on tap in this week’s mailbag.
Marion Barber, Chris Harris and Lance Louis were all listed as “doubtful” for Sunday’s game against the New Orleans Saints Friday.
It will be a battle in the bayou when the Bears go marching into Dixieland for a Week 2 tilt against the New Orleans Saints.
Without a new contract done, Matt Forte knows his long-term value will directly correlate with how he plays this season.
The third game is the most important in the pre-season. Teams put in a minimal game-plan, but try not to show too much of what they want to accomplish in the regular season.
Laurence Holmes takes your Bears questions every week in his mailbag.
It’s still nowhere near perfect, but the Bears’ offensive line certainly looked better against the Giants Monday night. Here’s a look at how I saw the offensive line play from left to right.
During practices, you can see Mike Martz stalking the practice field making sure that offensive players are in the right spot on time.
Many fans are wondering why the Bears didn’t do more to upgrade the offensive line in the offseason and Angelo admitted Thursday he did want to do more.
Well, one preseason game is in the books and there is a lot to talk about. Let’s get straight to your questions:
There’s still over a month until the Bears open their season against the Atlanta Falcons, but Bears offensive line coach knows who he wants to start in front of Jay Cutler Sept. 11 at Solider Field.
- Some People You Should Know: The MelodeersIt all began when barbershop patrons started singing while waiting to get their hair cut. A century or so later, the Melodeers chorus is taking the music to a dazzling new height with 140 ladies singing in unaccompanied four-part harmony. CBS 2's Harry Porterfield reports.155
- Mother Of Student Pushed Down School Stairs ‘Enraged’ At Security GuardNew video surfaced Friday that appears to show sophomore Lauren Goodlow being pushed by a male security guard. CBS 2's Dorothy Tucker reports.329
- House Passes Concealed Carry Plan Opposed By Senate LeaderGun owners in the only state still banning concealed weapons would win that right under a plan approved by the Illinois House on Friday, but the governor and other powerful Democrats oppose the plan because it would wipe out local gun ordinances -- including Chicago's ban on assault weapons.220
- Two Shot Near Roosevelt CTA StationAround 11:10 a.m., a 57-year-old man and a 30-year-old man were shot in the 1100 block of South State Street.256
- Store Owner Kidnapped In Pilsen, SUV StolenPolice said the 78-year-old man was closing the store in the 1100 block of West 18th Street when a group of men threw a pillowcase over his head, hit him in the face, and forced him into his own SUV.248
- Man Found Shot To Death In Zion Supermarket Parking LotThe man found shot to death in a parking in north suburban Zion on Thursday afternoon has been identified as a Waukegan resident.152
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!