Emery has to hit a home run in this draft and give Trestman at least two regular starters. At least one of those players must come on the offensive side.
In the wake of his release from the Bears, offensive lineman Chris Williams will visit the Eagles.
The Bears have released former first-round pick Chris Williams.
Expectations for the Bears offense have never been higher.
Offensive coordinator Mike Tice confirmed Wednesday that Carimi is not 100 percent and suggested that the right tackle might not even be able to take all the snaps during Sunday’s opener against the Colts.
If Bears coaches know who their starting left tackle is, they aren’t telling.
As sports fans, we’ve been programmed to conclude that the best regular season team will become the eventual champion.
As refreshing as it was to hear Bears offensive coordinator Mike Tice speak so candidly about the disappointing debut of his offensive line, it didn’t sit well with me.
Now, unless there is an unforeseen performance from Webb, Williams or a scrapheap left tackle that doesn’t appear to actually exist, chances seem slim that the Bears’ 26-year championship drought will end this fall.
Mike Tice liked how Chris Williams played at right tackle in the first preseason game and he once again is giving him the chance to beat out Webb for the starting left tackle position.
Mike Tice confirmed Monday what we’ve thought for nearly a week: J’Marcus Webb is the Bears starting left tackle.
It appeared the battle was over last week, but the Bears’ first depth chart confirmed Monday that J’Marcus Webb is the starting left tackle.
The Chicago Bears are one of the teams that many NFL observers are feeling good about with the season about five weeks away from starting.
Only four padded practices into training camp, we’re starting to see some interesting developments at both offensive tackle positions.
Good luck, now, to that ravenous swarm that descended on Bourbonnais yesterday.
As we count down to Bourbonnais, a panel of 15 670 The Score hosts, reporters and producers ranked their top 10 most important Bears players for the 2012 season.
After watching OTAs and mini-camp over the last four weeks, we’re starting to get a better look at what the Bears’ depth chart might look when training camp opens in late July.
As Lovie Smith says, mini-camp is the end of the Bears offseason. It’s three days where the foundation is laid and the scene is set for Bourbonnais.
It’s still more than a month from the start of training camp, but this is the year that the Bears believe they can fight the Green Bay Packers for the NFC North title and then make a run in the postseason.
It’s the middle of May and training camp is still 2-plus months away. That means it’s the perfect time to look at the Chicago Bears and assess their prospects for the 2012 season.
- Orange Line Service Resumes After Train-Pedestrian IncidentCTA commuters were temporarily stymied on the Orange Line during the Friday rush hour after a train fatally struck a man on the tracks.401
- Illinois Senate Passes Medical Marijuana LegislationIllinois Gov. Pat Quinn must decide if he will sign a measure allowing the use of marijuana for medical purposes after the state Senate approved legislation on Friday.1238
- Teen Fatally Stabbed In Fight Outside Suburban Grocery StoreRomeoville police say a 17-year-old boy and a 22-year-old man got into a fight in the parking lot outside the Jewel-Osco on Weber Road.432
- Powerball Jackpot At $600 Million: Most Common NumbersThe Powerball jackpot was increased Friday to $600 million, making it the largest Powerball jackpot ever.781
- Police Believe Alleged Con Man Had Scores Of Victims In 4 StatesPark Ridge police were asking for the public’s health in a fraud investigation against a man they said has been using a fake identity to fleece people in at least four states.148
- Family Helping Fund Research For Rare Disease That Struck Son, DaughterThey start out growing up like any other child, until a seizure strikes. It's the first sign of a deadly, rare brain disease that robs children of their abilities before taking their lives. This weekend, you can help a Downers Grove family try to find a cure for Batten Disease.226
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- OREO Text-In Giveaway May 6, 2013The OREO King Size single serve packs are ideal for on the go snacking and sharing. To celebrate OREO King Size packs, text the keyword “OREO” to 67011 to enter for your chance to win a $250 Visa gift card!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!