Kimberly Leona Kubina, 47, of the Black Oak section of Gary, Ind., said she was remorseful for the April 2, 2009, death of Christian Choate, who suffered years of abuse at the hands of his father.
Within days after a judge appointed the public defender’s office in a high-profile murder case, the attorney assigned to the case is asking to withdraw his representation or delay the trial.
The stepmother of a 13-year-old boy whose body was found buried in a Northwest Indiana mobile home park has agreed to testify against the boy’s father in exchange for a more lenient sentence.
A request for bail was dismissed Wednesday for the father and stepmother of a 13-year-old boy who was found buried in a shallow grave in a Black Oak mobile home park.
A report says more than 13 people might have known of abuse endured by a Gary, Ind., boy before his death but most said nothing to authorities.
The probe continues into the bizarre death of Christian Choate – the 13-year-old boy who was kept in a dog cage for a year in a Northwest Indiana trailer park.
Indiana officials today announced they have launched an “expedited” investigation into the events surrounding the death of a 13-year-old boy whose body was found buried in a Gary trailer park last month.
Bond was denied today for the father and stepmother of a 13-year-old boy who was kept in a dog cage for more than a year, then buried under a slab of concrete in a trailer park after he died.
The father and stepmother of a 13-year-old boy whose body was found in a Gary, Ind., trailer park last week have now been charged with the boy’s murder.
- Mother Of Student Pushed Down School Stairs ‘Enraged’ At Security GuardNew video surfaced Friday that appears to show sophomore Lauren Goodlow being pushed by a male security guard. CBS 2's Dorothy Tucker reports.329
- House Passes Concealed Carry Plan Opposed By Senate LeaderGun owners in the only state still banning concealed weapons would win that right under a plan approved by the Illinois House on Friday, but the governor and other powerful Democrats oppose the plan because it would wipe out local gun ordinances -- including Chicago's ban on assault weapons.220
- Two Shot Near Roosevelt CTA StationAround 11:10 a.m., a 57-year-old man and a 30-year-old man were shot in the 1100 block of South State Street.256
- Store Owner Kidnapped In Pilsen, SUV StolenPolice said the 78-year-old man was closing the store in the 1100 block of West 18th Street when a group of men threw a pillowcase over his head, hit him in the face, and forced him into his own SUV.248
- Man Found Shot To Death In Zion Supermarket Parking LotThe man found shot to death in a parking in north suburban Zion on Thursday afternoon has been identified as a Waukegan resident.152
- School Warns Parents Of Kidnapping Attempt On PlaygroundA man tried to abduct a 4th grader from the playground at Alexander Graham Bell Elementary School at 3730 N Oakley Ave on Wednesday.150
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!