A west suburban family returned home early Christmas morning to find that their house had been burglarized, Aurora police said.
Birders tallied more than 50 species of birds yesterday.
I lacked the gift of Chicago Bears hope and excitement.
Are you hoping Santa Claus still has a little something in his sack for you? Even jolly old St. Nick is probably scoping out the after-Christmas sales on Wednesday.
One person was killed and 13 wounded in gun violence over the Christmas holiday, including an 11-year-old boy grazed by a bullet and a man who was shot to death during a dispute in the Englewood neighborhood.
From the North Pole to a South Side Church Santa came calling at the Apostolic Faith Church.
The kids came up with this idea on their own, according to their aunt Carolina Ruiz.
Francis Cardinal George is not making his usual visits to see inmates at the Cook County Jail and hospitalized children during this holiday season.
Fire gutted a 3-flat apartment building early this morning in the Bridgeport neighborhood.
You might want to check some of those Christmas presents before it’s too late.
Those dreaming of a white Christmas in Chicago might get a flurry — but it won’t be a winter wonderland.
Tiarria Stallworth was struck by a white sport-utility vehicle in the 8700 block of South Burley Avenue last month.
This weekend, procrastinators hit stores across the country, trying to wind down their Christmas shopping.
Non-profit charity Dreams For Kids is hosting the celebration at the Broadway Armory for more than 1,300 at-risk children.
Those Christmas presents you’re waiting on could be delayed by this week’s wintry weather.
The deadline is tomorrow to bring in and pay for shipping on those wish list items.
On this last Friday before Christmas, shoppers are hitting the stores.
Police say Gregory Cook repackaged stolen goods for Christmas gifts for his friends and family.
If you’re headed to the post office today, you could be greeted with some pretty long lines.
What do you do when your elf leaves and doesn’t come back? Mount a search party? Hire a private detective? You contact customer service, which is exactly what Fred Sasaki did. Here’s how that went…
- Two Shot Near Roosevelt CTA StationAround 11:10 a.m., a 57-year-old man and a 30-year-old man were shot in the 1100 block of South State Street.247
- Store Owner Kidnapped In Pilsen, SUV StolenPolice said the 78-year-old man was closing the store in the 1100 block of West 18th Street when a group of men threw a pillowcase over his head, hit him in the face, and forced him into his own SUV.248
- Man Found Shot To Death In Zion Supermarket Parking LotPolice responded to calls of shots fired about 4:34 p.m. and found the man, whose age and identity were not immediately released, shot in the front seat of a vehicle in the 2800 block of Sheridan Road.152
- School Warns Parents Of Kidnapping Attempt On PlaygroundA man tried to abduct a 4th grader from the playground at Alexander Graham Bell Elementary School at 3730 N Oakley Ave on Wednesday.150
- Senate Passes Ban On Handheld Cell Phones While DrivingThe proposal says drivers must use hands-free devices or speakerphone features.127
- Three Stabbed On Northwest SideThree teenagers were stabbed in the Belmont Cragin area Thursday night on the Northwest Side.142
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!