Gang symbols and graffiti were found on the walls, floors and pews, several of which were pulled from their mounts. An antique organ was also smashed and keys pulled from the instrument.
The city is moving to have a 120-year-old church demolished after a year has passed without any repairs to structural damage caused by a storm.
CBS 2’s Pamela Jones reports the plans are part commercial – but mostly spiritual.
In what appears to be a retaliatory gang attack, two people were shot — one fatally — outside a church funeral on the South Side on Monday.
Officials First Baptist Church of Hammond., Ind., said Wednesday night fired Pastor Jack Schaap admitted to having a sexual relationship with a 17-year-old girl who is a member of the church, prompting their decision to fire him this week.
A local megachurch has withdrawn its move to buy the historic Portage Theater on Milwaukee Avenue and turn it into space for its congregation.
Corey Brooks, the “rooftop pastor” who hopes to build a community center in West Woodlawn, on Friday reached Chicago as he continues his way to Los Angeles. CBS 2′s Brad Edwards reports.
Daniel S. Blubaugh of Naperville was arrested by two officers who hid in the church after officials reported a pattern of Sunday donations coming up missing.
Federal officials are investigating after a fire broke out last weekend at a church in Geneva.
A Roman Catholic Church in Oak Park is the victim of vandalism, after two robberies in recent weeks.
A church in Indiana has removed its pastor, after he was arrested for allegedly disguising two hidden video cameras as air fresheners and hiding them in the women’s toilet stalls at the church.
A Humboldt Park church synonymous with tragedy — a 1958 fire that killed 92 children next door — will be re-dedicated this weekend. CBS 2′s Mike Parker reports.
A Hinsdale church is on the hook for a $27,000 phone bill for calls made while the church was closed.
Police are looking for the driver who crashed an SUV into a West Side Garfield Park neighborhood church Monday morning before running away.
Adidas wants to negate a Lake County church’s trademark, and Bulls star Derrick Rose may get drawn into the middle of the dispute, CBS 2′s Derrick Blakley reports.
Members at a northwest suburban church got quite a shock on Sunday when they opened up a shopping bag that had been left on a car and found a newborn baby inside.
Over nearly two centuries, the oldest church in Aurora has survived a powerful windstorm and an arson fire. But now it is closing for good.
Police are looking for a burglar who is suspected of hitting churches on the city’s South Side over the past month.
A 17-year old girl stole money from a church office, while her accomplice robbed a church employee, earlier this month in the on the Far South Side, police said.
Christians in Chicago are pausing to reflect on their lives and their faith. Many of those who could not find the time to make it to their church had their faith find them instead.
- Weekend Death Toll Rises To 8 After Two Men Die Of Gunshot InjuriesTwo men critically wounded in weekend shootings died Monday, raising the death toll for 2013’s most violent weekend to eight. At least 39 other people were wounded in shootings across the city, authorities said.160
- Mystery Substance Prompts Closure Of Indiana BeachSwimmers have been ordered out of Lake Michigan at Porter Beach because of a substance in the water. WBBM's Nancy Harty has more.203
- Man Dies After His Head Is Impaled On Fence During FightA man was murdered Sunday night by someone who struck him in the head, causing him to become impaled on a wrought iron fence in the South Side Burnside neighborhood.319
- Indiana Woman Who Received Death Sentence At 16 Released From PrisonThe first taste of freedom in 27 years, that's what a 43-year-old woman from Gary, Indiana is enjoying tonight, after going to prison for murder. Roseanne Tellez reports, she has an unlikely supporter as she starts her new life: her victim's grandson.263
- Chief Keef Pleads Guilty To Speeding, Faces Second Paternity SuitChicago rapper Chief Keef was served Monday in a second paternity lawsuit as he appeared in a Cook County courtroom to plead guilty to a speeding violation, the Sun-Times is reporting.257
- Four Contract E Coli After Eating At Lombard RestaurantFour people contracted E. coli after eating at a west suburban restaurant, which has since been closed, DuPage County health officials said.322
- Win $1,000 In Gas From Hyundai! June 17, 2013Enter to win $1,000 in free gas from Hyundai! What’s better than free gas? How about the 2013 Sonata Hybrid Limited with an EPA-Estimated 38 MPG Highway! 28 City/38 Hwy. EPA Estimates. For comparison only. Actual mileage may vary.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!