Six people were displaced from their homes early Monday, when a fire broke out in a fast food restaurant on the ground floor of their West Side building.
A man was shot and wounded overnight on Cicero Avenue on the city’s West Side.
An extra-alarm fire broke out early Wednesday at a Chinese restaurant in the South Austin neighborhood, and left two other buildings damaged.
After spending days on the run, two more suspects are in custody in connection with an armed robbery in the south suburbs.
A car burst into flames early Monday in a crash at a major intersection in south suburban Matteson.
A Cook County Medical Examiner’s office employee was busted in a prostitution sting overnight, for allegedly soliciting a woman who turned out to be an undercover police officer.
An armed robbery suspect escaped after Police officers fired shots at him on Monday when he pointed a gun at a police officer in the West Lawndale neighborhood.
Nine people including a child were hurt during a collision involved three cars and a CTA bus Sunday morning on the Northwest Side, according to the fire department.
A body found in the Chicago Sanitary and Ship Canal Monday may be that of a man who ran from the scene of a fatal traffic crash last week.
A man’s body was found on a Southwest Side street Monday morning and police are investigating whether he is the same man spotted running from the scene of a fatal crash on the same street early Thursday.
A Tinley Park man died late Saturday following a motorcycle crash in south suburban Matteson.
Two men were wounded — one critically — in a Saturday night shooting on the West Side.
A crash this morning forced drivers to veer onto the wrong side of the road on the city’s West Side.
A 27-year-old Chicago man and a relative of a runaway from Schaumburg are now charged with sex crimes and obstructing a police investigation.
A person was hospitalized following a collision between a unmarked police car and another vehicle early Tuesday in the South Austin neighborhood.
- Teen Hurt In Little Village ShootingA 14-year-old boy was shot in the arm Saturday afternoon in the Southwest Side Little Village neighborhood.86
- Man Charged With Videotaping Women In Hospital WashroomA poorly secured cell phone in a west suburban hospital washroom that a man had allegedly set up to secretly videotape women in the toilet area was discovered by a woman when the phone fell to the washroom floor on Friday. She alerted police, who then arrested and charged a 49-year-old Franklin Park man with unlawful videotaping.156
- Young Man Shot Outside Old Orchard Shopping CenterA young man was wounded in a shooting in north suburban Skokie Friday night, outside the Old Orchard Shopping Center.227
- 3 Dead, 8 Shot In Citywide ViolenceThree men were killed and at least eight other people were wounded in violence around the city since Friday night.167
- Orange Line Service Resumes After Train-Pedestrian IncidentCTA commuters were temporarily stymied on the Orange Line during the Friday rush hour after a train fatally struck a man on the tracks.401
- Illinois Senate Passes Medical Marijuana LegislationIllinois Gov. Pat Quinn must decide if he will sign a measure allowing the use of marijuana for medical purposes after the state Senate approved legislation on Friday.1238
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- OREO Text-In Giveaway May 6, 2013The OREO King Size single serve packs are ideal for on the go snacking and sharing. To celebrate OREO King Size packs, text the keyword “OREO” to 67011 to enter for your chance to win a $250 Visa gift card!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!