Pinch-hitter Julio Borbon had a two-out RBI single in the 14th inning, helping the Chicago Cubs beat the Reds 6-5 Thursday and end Cincinnati’s record 12-game winning streak at Wrigley Field.
Mike Leake combined with Aroldis Chapman on a three-hitter and Todd Frazier hit a tiebreaking home run in the seventh inning against Travis Wood, leading the Cincinnati Reds over the Chicago Cubs 2-1 Wednesday for their record 12th straight win at Wrigley Field.
Xavier Paul hit a three-run home run, Joey Votto added a two-run shot and the Cincinnati Reds roughed up Matt Garza and the Chicago Cubs 12-2 on Tuesday night.
Reds manager Dusty Baker says he doesn’t understand why Cubs pitcher Matt Garza was incensed by Johnny Cueto’s pitch high over David DeJesus’ head.
Alfonso Soriano hit a tying two-run homer in the eighth inning and Welington Castillo had a go-ahead double in the 10th, helping the Chicago Cubs rally from a four-run deficit in a 5-4 win over the Cincinnati Reds on Sunday that stopped a season-high, six-game losing streak.
Todd Frazier drove in a pair of runs with a sacrifice fly and a single, and the Cincinnati Reds used another big inning to beat the Chicago Cubs 5-2 on Saturday for their fifth straight victory.
Cincinnati had just one hit in the decisive rally, but took advantage of another woeful outing by reliever Carlos Marmol to secure its first winning road series of the season. The Reds held on for a 6-5 victory in the opener on Friday when Darwin Barney struck out with the bases loaded to end the game.
Well, this is mildly disturbing.
Mat Latos retired the first 10 batters and 15 of the first 16 he faced and Todd Frazier hit a long home run to help the Reds complete a wacky, impressive, 10-game homestand with 1-0 win over the Chicago Cubs on Wednesday.
Carlos Marmol blew a lead in the ninth before Darwin Barney bailed him out with a homer in the 10th inning on Tuesday night, lifting the Chicago Cubs to a 4-2 victory over the Cincinnati Reds.
Devin Mesoraco is an x-factor who could provide extra value to a team that’s already one of the best in the big leagues.
Chris Heisey and Jay Bruce hit consecutive home runs and the Cincinnati Reds tagged John Danks and the Chicago White Sox 10-6 Tuesday.
Shin-Soo Choo got four hits and Todd Frazier homered Sunday as the Cincinnati Reds beat a Chicago White Sox split squad 7-3.
The Reds and manager Dusty Baker have agreed to a two-year contract extension.
Buster Posey hit the third grand slam in Giants’ postseason history, and San Francisco completed its startling comeback by holding off the Cincinnati Reds 6-4 Thursday in the decisive Game 5 of the NL division series.
Angel Pagan led off the game with a home run, Gregor Blanco and Pablo Sandoval connected later and Tim Lincecum came out of the bullpen to help the San Francisco Giants beat the Cincinnati Reds 8-3 on Wednesday, evening their NL division series at 2-all.
Third baseman Scott Rolen’s error with two outs in the 10th inning gave San Francisco the go-ahead run, and the Giants edged the Cincinnati Reds 2-1 Tuesday night to cut their NL playoff deficit to 2-1.
The Cincinnati Reds became the first team in the majors to clinch a playoff spot this season, beating the Chicago Cubs 5-3 Thursday while manager Dusty Baker remained in a hospital after being diagnosed with an irregular heartbeat.
Drew Stubbs hit a tiebreaking RBI single in the 11th inning Wednesday night and Cincinnati beat the Chicago Cubs 6-5 hours after Reds manager Dusty Baker left the ballpark for chest X-rays.
Homer Bailey pitched effectively into the eighth inning, Ryan Hanigan hit a three-run double and the Cincinnati Reds beat the Chicago Cubs 3-1 on Tuesday night to move closer to the NL Central title.
- Body Found In Lake Is Missing U Of C StudentAuthorities have confirmed the body found in Lake Michigan early Wednesday belonged to a University of Chicago student who has been missing for a week.667
- Lewis Points Finger At ‘Rich White People’ For School ProblemsA day before the first set of school closings was set to begin, Chicago Teachers Union President Karen Lewis had some harsh words about how the Chicago Public Schools are funded and managed, blaming much of the district’s problems on racism.5989
- Man Shot To Death In South Suburban HomewoodNineteen-year-old Homewood resident Henry Kormoi died from at least one gunshot wound he suffered near home in the 1100 block of 187th Street.112
- State Discontinues Healthcare Funding For Disabled Stroke VictimUnconscionable. That's what a doctor calls a state decision to cut care funding for a patient.311
- Teen Says He Got E. Coli From Burrito At Lombard RestaurantA local teen says he got sick because of a burrito he ate from a local restaurant that's now the focus of an e coli outbreak.158
- Natura Pet Issues New Dog And Cat Food RecallNebraska-based Natura Pet Products has announced a new voluntary recall of multiple brands of dry pet food and treats. The decision comes after a positive test for Salmonella on April 3.7491
- Win $1,000 In Gas From Hyundai! June 17, 2013Enter to win $1,000 in free gas from Hyundai! What’s better than free gas? How about the 2013 Elantra Limited with an EPA-Estimated 38 MPG Highway! 28 City/38 Hwy. EPA Estimates. For comparison only. Actual mileage may vary.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!