Citizens Utility Board
Thousands of dollars in fees on a water bill may force a family to become homeless. The desperate parents say their village is charging excessive fees, more than many other municipalities. CBS 2′s Dave Savini has been looking into their plight and has this original report.
The Citizens Utility Board on Monday released its first-ever report card on the state of Illinois’ electricity competition.
Don’t get scammed or slammed into signing up for alternative electric service you might not want.
One of dozens of alternative energy suppliers now fiercely competing for your business is a company with a bad track record the CBS 2 Investigators have been reporting on for years.
Read your phone bill carefully. The Citizen’s Utility Board is calling Illinois cell phone bills the new frontier for an old fraud called cramming.
Chicago residents likely will be able to get cheaper electricity from an alternate supplier, after approving a measure allowing City Hall to negotiate cheaper rates on behalf of residents and small businesses.
A consumer watchdog group says this summer’s extreme heat boosted the bills of Commonwealth Edison customers by about $64 million.
A utility watchdog group says a combination of factors could lead to big savings on your natural gas bills this winter.
The Illinois Commerce Commission has approved a rate hike for Peoples Gas, but not as much as the company wanted.
December may have been gloomy, but it was about 7 1/2 degrees above average – meaning a break for consumer checkbooks.
There’s a new power player in town, but the Citizens Utility Board says you need to read the fine print.
A new survey suggests you’re probably paying too much for your smartphone’s data plan.
The heat wave could play a role in determining what it costs for electricity for the whole year.
The Citizens Utility Board says if everyone did the little things needed to more efficiently use electricity, it would cover the cost of a ComEd rate increase.
If the Illinois Commerce Commission goes along with the recommendation of its judge, your ComEd bill will soon go up by about 3 percent.
The Citizens Utility Board is planning a series of clinics next week in several Chicago suburbs to help consumers save money on their phone bills.
Some people may think it doesn’t matter if you turn out the lights when you leave a room or use energy efficient appliances, but some Evanston residents do – and they were rewarded for it.
The Citizens Utility Board says it opposes a bill that’s being introduced today in the Illinois General Assembly that would increase electric bills for ComEd customers.
Not only are you paying more for Chicago parking payboxes and state income taxes, but now, your phone bill is also going up if you have an AT&T landline in your home.
The Citizens Utility Board calls gas utility’s Comfort Guard program an expensive insurance policy.
- Weekend Death Toll Rises To 8 After Two Men Die Of Gunshot InjuriesTwo men critically wounded in weekend shootings died Monday, raising the death toll for 2013’s most violent weekend to eight. At least 39 other people were wounded in shootings across the city, authorities said.163
- Mystery Substance Prompts Closure Of Indiana BeachSwimmers have been ordered out of Lake Michigan at Porter Beach because of a substance in the water. WBBM's Nancy Harty has more.216
- Man Dies After His Head Is Impaled On Fence During FightA man was murdered Sunday night by someone who struck him in the head, causing him to become impaled on a wrought iron fence in the South Side Burnside neighborhood.319
- Indiana Woman Who Received Death Sentence At 16 Released From PrisonThe first taste of freedom in 27 years, that's what a 43-year-old woman from Gary, Indiana is enjoying tonight, after going to prison for murder. Roseanne Tellez reports, she has an unlikely supporter as she starts her new life: her victim's grandson.263
- Chief Keef Pleads Guilty To Speeding, Faces Second Paternity SuitChicago rapper Chief Keef was served Monday in a second paternity lawsuit as he appeared in a Cook County courtroom to plead guilty to a speeding violation, the Sun-Times is reporting.257
- Four Contract E Coli After Eating At Lombard RestaurantFour people contracted E. coli after eating at a west suburban restaurant, which has since been closed, DuPage County health officials said.322
- Win $1,000 In Gas From Hyundai! June 17, 2013Enter to win $1,000 in free gas from Hyundai! What’s better than free gas? How about the 2013 Sonata Hybrid Limited with an EPA-Estimated 38 MPG Highway! 28 City/38 Hwy. EPA Estimates. For comparison only. Actual mileage may vary.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!