Members of the Guardian Angels crime-fighting patrol passed out leaflets in search of the man who sexually assaulted and robbed a woman waiting for a bus.
Chicago police are investigating a reported rape that happened in broad daylight on the North Side last week.
Two men were stabbed early Saturday on the Near North Side.
A Rockford man has been charged with brutally attacking and sexually assaulting a woman in the South Loop in January, before breaking into her home and robbing her husband.
A man dubbed the “Mummy Bandit” by the FBI, because his head and face are covered, robbed a West Town bank Tuesday, marking at least four such crime committed while carrying various items such as stuffed toys and a bucket.
A man is in custody for allegedly jumping out a bathroom stall and stabbing a man in the neck at a bar early Sunday.
CHICAGO (STMW) – A woman who drunkenly walked into a roadway and was struck by a taxi cab on the North Side remains remains in critical condition. Police say the woman, 26, was “intoxicated” when […]
A woman and a baby were injured Monday afternoon when they were struck by a car in Lincoln Park.
A construction crew hit a gas line in River North Thursday morning, prompting police to shut down nearby streets.
The Andersonville neighborhood is home to Chicago’s first “people spot,” with a miniature park is taking the place of two parking spaces on Clark Street.
The City of Evanston has closed all of its lakefront beaches for the day, after water tests showed dangerous levels of E. coli bacteria.
A 21-year-old South Side man has been charged with multiple felonies, after allegedly attacking another man, then throwing himself through a glass pane to evade arrest and injuring an officer in the process, near Clark and Belmont several hours after the Gay Pride Parade.
A Chicago Police officer was cut and injured, and at least one other person was reportedly stabbed, when revelry apparently got out of hand in the Clark and Belmont district in Lakeview – long after the vast majority of the crowd out for the Gay Pride Parade had gone home.
A 17-year-old boy, who was kayaking for the first time, helped rescue a man who fell into the Chicago River on Wednesday.
Seventeen people were left homeless early Wednesday, after a fast-moving fire destroyed a garage and damaged two apartment buildings in the Andersonville neighborhood.
A little common-sense and a golden tongue got one Northwestern University student out of a robbery situation over the weekend.
For many years, the Belden Deli was just a memory of an earlier time in Chicago, but now, a legal dispute is brewing between two restaurants that are both using the name.
La Crêperie at 2845 N. Clark St. is celebrating 40 years in business as what is considered the oldest family-owned French crêperie in the United States.
Workers poured out of the Daley Center courthouse and office building Wednesday when a suspicious package was found nearby outside the County Building.
A man was pulled from the Chicago River on Friday morning after he apparently jumped off the Clark Street bridge.
- House Passes Concealed Carry Plan Opposed By Senate LeaderGun owners in the only state still banning concealed weapons would win that right under a plan approved by the Illinois House on Friday, but the governor and other powerful Democrats oppose the plan because it would wipe out local gun ordinances -- including Chicago's ban on assault weapons.220
- Two Shot Near Roosevelt CTA StationAround 11:10 a.m., a 57-year-old man and a 30-year-old man were shot in the 1100 block of South State Street.256
- Store Owner Kidnapped In Pilsen, SUV StolenPolice said the 78-year-old man was closing the store in the 1100 block of West 18th Street when a group of men threw a pillowcase over his head, hit him in the face, and forced him into his own SUV.248
- Man Found Shot To Death In Zion Supermarket Parking LotThe man found shot to death in a parking in north suburban Zion on Thursday afternoon has been identified as a Waukegan resident.152
- School Warns Parents Of Kidnapping Attempt On PlaygroundA man tried to abduct a 4th grader from the playground at Alexander Graham Bell Elementary School at 3730 N Oakley Ave on Wednesday.150
- Senate Passes Ban On Handheld Cell Phones While DrivingThe proposal says drivers must use hands-free devices or speakerphone features.127
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!