The Illinois House has passed a measure to require online driver’s education courses for young people who don’t take such classes in high school.
Inspired by Latin dance fusions, Zumba classes make dance into a coordinated aerobit workout that even goes so far as to incorporate hip hop and belly dancing. Chicago’s best Zumba classes boast a combination of talented dance instructors and fun music that will have any athlete sweating it out and having a blast without stressing over the actual workout.
After announcing the pregnancy and getting through that tumultuous first few months, most expectant parents face the true scary part: child birth and having a new baby. Decisions abound, so finding the right professionals is paramount to finding the birth plan that works for each family. Chicago’s best classes for expectant parents cover all of the ins, outs, fears and misconceptions a mother could hope to know about.
Parents and staff of several Chicago public schools will meet with police tonight to discuss their concerns about possible disruptions during the upcoming NATO summit.
Spinning, or indoor cycling, on a stationary exercise bike allows athletes to cycle train year round on a specifically designed stationary bike with a weighted flywheel. Music, trained instructors and motivation make spin classes an intense workout, even for those who never cycle otherwise. Cyclists set their own resistance and work to keep up as instructors shout out commands to sprint or climb, earning toned bodies for their hard work. These, Chicago’s best spin classes, take awesome over the edge with instructors who love the sport, prices that won’t break the bank and stellar facilities.
If you have a budding young performer who dreams of taking center stage, sign that little singer, dancer, actor or comedian up for a summertime program that will offer theater, acting and performance arts classes near home. From Shakespeare to “Glee,” Chicago’s got theater covered.
Go full-contact and combative in Chicago at some of the best mixed martial arts studios the city has to offer. Expect a combination of jiu jitsu, kickboxing, boxing and wrestling styles to exhaust and beat you into shape quickly and efficiently in the hands of these area pros. Learn techniques that include striking, grappling, standing and grounding while building self-confidence, focus and strength.
DePaul University will close its Loop campus during the NATO and G8 summits in May.
Two months from now, more than 2,000 Chicago Public high school students will have the opportunity of a lifetime.
Along with the Chicago Public Schools, all of the city’s major universities were also back in class today, and some were even able to reopen yesterday.
As the potential Blizzard of 2011 takes shape, one key question for every parent of a Chicago Public School student: Will there be school on Wednesday?
Many students who attend City Colleges of Chicago take remedial classes, suggesting they were not adequately prepared in high school.
- Teen Hurt In Little Village ShootingA 14-year-old boy was shot in the arm Saturday afternoon in the Southwest Side Little Village neighborhood.86
- Man Charged With Videotaping Women In Hospital WashroomA poorly secured cell phone in a west suburban hospital washroom that a man had allegedly set up to secretly videotape women in the toilet area was discovered by a woman when the phone fell to the washroom floor on Friday. She alerted police, who then arrested and charged a 49-year-old Franklin Park man with unlawful videotaping.156
- Young Man Shot Outside Old Orchard Shopping CenterA young man was wounded in a shooting in north suburban Skokie Friday night, outside the Old Orchard Shopping Center.227
- 3 Dead, 8 Shot In Citywide ViolenceThree men were killed and at least eight other people were wounded in violence around the city since Friday night.167
- Orange Line Service Resumes After Train-Pedestrian IncidentCTA commuters were temporarily stymied on the Orange Line during the Friday rush hour after a train fatally struck a man on the tracks.401
- Illinois Senate Passes Medical Marijuana LegislationIllinois Gov. Pat Quinn must decide if he will sign a measure allowing the use of marijuana for medical purposes after the state Senate approved legislation on Friday.1238
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- OREO Text-In Giveaway May 6, 2013The OREO King Size single serve packs are ideal for on the go snacking and sharing. To celebrate OREO King Size packs, text the keyword “OREO” to 67011 to enter for your chance to win a $250 Visa gift card!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!