The Cleveland Cavaliers claimed the No. 1 overall pick at the 2013 NBA Draft Lottery on Tuesday night.
Byron Scott’s days of trying to turn around the Cavaliers are done.
While the Bulls are nursing their own injuries, they got a bit of helpful news Tuesday as the Cavaliers announced guard Kyrie Irving will miss tonight’s game at the United Center with a sore knee.
Marco Belinelli scored a season-high 23 points, Luol Deng added 22 and the Chicago Bulls took control early on to beat the Cleveland Cavaliers 95-85 on Wednesday night.
One can come to two conclusions after watching this video.
The Bulls’ preseason schedule includes only one true road game and two neutral site games on nearby college campuses.
If LeBron did go home, it would make for one heck of a story – a feel-good one at that, which, these days, is the opposite of all things LBJ.
Irving dressed up as an old man, named “Uncle Drew” for a Pepsi Max commercial in which he went to a pick-up game in Bloomfield, NJ pretending to shoot a documentary on a basketball player named “Kevin.”
Irving, who played beyond his years and above everyone’s expectations including his own, was chosen the NBA’s Rookie of the Year on Tuesday, winning an award he always believed was within reach.
Kyrie Irving of the Cleveland Cavaliers was named the 2012 Rookie of the Year, beating out another point guard Ricky Rubio of the Minnesota Timberwolves. The ascent has been rapid for the 19-year-old former New Jersey high school player from St. Patrick’s who last year, due to an injury, played just 11 games as a freshman at Duke.
Derrick Rose sat out Friday’s shootaround in Cleveland and while he wasn’t ruled out of tonight’s game against the Cavaliers, it doesn’t look good.
After missing the last two games with a sprained left big toe, Derrick Rose sat out practice Thursday and he could miss Friday’s game in Cleveland.
After not playing Monday in Memphis, it appears there’s a good chance Derrick Rose will also sit out tonight’s game against the Suns.
Wondering why the Chris Paul to the Lakers trade got nixed? Well, it was because of e-mails like this one from Cleveland Cavaliers owner Dan Gilbert to NBA Commissioner David Stern.
Shaquille O’Neal announced on Twitter Wednesday that he is “about to retire” after 19 seasons in the NBA.
It’s no surprise the Bulls beat Cavaliers Friday night, but for the first time since the 1997-98 season, Chicago has clinched the No. 1 seed in the Eastern Conference.
Police engaged in a roughly one-hour standoff with a knife-wielding man on the arena floor of Staples Center before the Los Angeles Clippers hosted the Cleveland Cavaliers Saturday afternoon.
The Cleveland Cavaliers have have both the worst and second worst losing streaks in the NBA, this season making the worst. They finally broke that streak when they beat the Clippers in overtime.
The Cleveland Cavaliers lost their 16th straight game Saturday night when they faced the Chicago Bulls. Carlos Boozer returned to the court after injuring his ankle last week and playing the Cavs was the perfect opportunity to get Boozer back in action.
The Chicago Bulls had a sluggish start against the slumping Cavaliers. Chicago was behind by the end of the second period, but held the Cavs to just nine points in the third. After turning the game around, the Bulls gave Cleveland their sixth straight loss in a 100-91 victory.
- Two Shot Near Roosevelt CTA StationAround 11:10 a.m., a 57-year-old man and a 30-year-old man were shot in the 1100 block of South State Street.247
- Store Owner Kidnapped In Pilsen, SUV StolenPolice said the 78-year-old man was closing the store in the 1100 block of West 18th Street when a group of men threw a pillowcase over his head, hit him in the face, and forced him into his own SUV.248
- Man Found Shot To Death In Zion Supermarket Parking LotThe man found shot to death in a parking in north suburban Zion on Thursday afternoon has been identified as a Waukegan resident.152
- School Warns Parents Of Kidnapping Attempt On PlaygroundA man tried to abduct a 4th grader from the playground at Alexander Graham Bell Elementary School at 3730 N Oakley Ave on Wednesday.150
- Senate Passes Ban On Handheld Cell Phones While DrivingThe proposal says drivers must use hands-free devices or speakerphone features.127
- Three Stabbed On Northwest SideThree teenagers were stabbed in the Belmont Cragin area Thursday night on the Northwest Side.142
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!