Alex Rios hit a two-run homer and the Chicago White Sox beat the Cleveland Indians 3-2 on Wednesday to stop a four-game losing streak.
Tonight’s White Sox-Indians game at U.S. Cellular Field has been postponed.
Jake Peavy struck out 11 in seven innings, Paul Konerko homered and the Chicago White Sox broke a five-game losing streak, beating the Cleveland Indians 3-1 Sunday.
The loss was Chicago’s fifth straight, all on the road. The White Sox are 0-5 away from home for the first time since 1972.
Terry Francona has 80 more games to find his way to Progressive Field. His first trip was an adventure.
Zach McAllister should break 200 if he stays healthy this year, which will be a boon to the back end of the Tribe’s rotation.
Jason Kipnis hit his first home run of the spring and Cedric Hunter also connected, leading the Cleveland Indians over the Chicago Cubs 9-2 Saturday.
Cubs right-hander Alberto Cabrera struggled through 2 1-3 innings. He allowed seven hits, five earned runs and a walk.
Dan Johnson hit his first three homers of the season and Chicago added two more in the game as the White Sox routed the Cleveland Indians 9-0 on Wednesday night.
Jason Donald singled home the winning run with two outs in the 12th inning, lifting the Cleveland Indians over the Chicago White Sox 4-3 on Tuesday night.
The Cleveland Indians have fired manager Manny Acta after the team collapsed from contention.
During Wednesday night’s White Sox-Indians game, Indian radio broadcaster Tom Hamilton rips Sox fans for not showing up to support their team.
The Chicago White Sox fell out of the AL Central lead for the first time in two months, walking 12 batters and losing to the Cleveland Indians 6-4 Wednesday night.
For the first time in more than three weeks, the Chicago White Sox have company atop the AL Central.
Adam Dunn homered twice, including a clutch three-run shot in the eighth inning, and the Chicago White Sox beat the Cleveland Indians 5-4 on Monday night to maintain their one-game lead in the AL Central.
Lonnie Chisenhall singled in the winning run with one out in the ninth inning to give the Cleveland Indians a 7-6 win over Detroit, dealing the Tigers a crucial loss Sunday.
Justin Verlander pitched seven shutout innings and made sure Detroit stayed in step with first-place Chicago in the AL Central, leading the Tigers to a 4-0 win over the downward spiraling Cleveland Indians on Friday night.
The White Sox announced they have changed the scheduled time for their Sept. 25 matchup against the Indians from 7:10 p.m. to 1:10 p.m. due to the game time’s conflict with the Jewish holiday of Yom Kippur.
Justin Masterson pitched six solid innings, and the Cleveland Indians beat Detroit 3-2 on Tuesday night for their second straight victory over the playoff-chasing Tigers.
Minutes after Indians closer Chris Perez recorded this 20th save of the season, he proceeded to vomit all over the pitching mound.
- Woman Robs North Side BankA woman robbed a Lakeview bank Tuesday afternoon on the city’s North Side.262
- Four Schools To Be Spared From Closing; Another To Be DelayedHours before a final vote by the Chicago Board of Education, Chicago Public Schools officials have agreed to back off of plans to close four of the 53 elementary schools targeted for closing at the end of the school year, Board Vice President Jesse Ruiz confirmed Wednesday morning.415
- Boy, 17, Fatally Shot In Back Of The YardsA teenage boy was fatally shot in the South Side Back of the Yards neighborhood Tuesday evening, police said.147
- Police: Man Killed In Jump From Gold Coast BuildingA man jumped to his death early Tuesday from the Gold Coast high-rise building where he lived, authorities said.303
- Police: Man Touches Woman’s Leg At South Loop CTA StationPolice are looking for man who inappropriately touched a woman at a South Loop CTA station Tuesday morning.147
- Rapper Chief Keef Arrested In Georgia Hotel After Staff Smells MarijuanaChicago rapper Chief Keef makes no secret of his fondness for marijuana. The staff at the swanky LeMeridien Atlanta Perimeter hotel doesn’t share that fondness.144
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!