Federal prosecutors told a jury Thursday there’s no evidence Cook County Commissioner William Beavers was taking out a loan from his campaign fund for personal expenses, but the defense argued the prosecution was trying to “bamboozle” jurors.
A jury on Thursday abruptly convicted Christoper Vaughn of fatally shooting his wife and three children in 2007.
Christopher Vaughn’s own blood stain expert agreed with prosecutors Tuesday that his analysis of what happened in Vaughn’s Ford Expedition five years ago doesn’t match the Oswego man’s story.
A defense attorney for Drew Peterson told jurors Tuesday that prosecutors “are trying to nail Jell-O to a tree,” and have no evidence that Peterson killed his third wife, Kathleen Savio.
Anxious — that’s how one of Drew Peterson’s defense attorney’s described himself the day before closing arguments in Peterson’s murder trial.
Jurors began deliberating Wednesday in the murder trial of the man accused of killing Oscar-winner Jennifer Hudson’s family, but were sequestered for the night after more than 4 1/2 hours of deliberations, and will go back to work on Thursday.
Jury deliberations continue later Wednesday morning in the trial of a Chicago police charged in connection with a deadly hit-and-run accident.
Closing arguments are expected Monday morning in the trial of a lawsuit that pits Chicago firefighters against the company that makes fire engine sirens.
In their final push to take down a well-connected Illinois millionaire, prosecutors focused on one sound Tuesday — a laugh — as they tried to convince jurors he was in on a scheme to extort campaign cash from a Hollywood producer for then-Gov. Rod Blagojevich.
Millionaire businessman William Cellini has decided not to take the stand during his Chicago corruption trial.
Rod Blagojevich’s defense attorney delivered a passionate closing argument on Thursday, saying prosecutors had proven nothing criminal and that the government wanted the jury to be nothing more than a “rubber stamp” for their case against the former governor.
Federal prosecutors began their closing argument in Rod Blagojevich’s corruption retrial on Wednesday, telling jurors that the former governor lied to them repeatedly during his seven days on the witness stand.
Closing arguments are expected later today in the trial of a Chicago businessman accused of helping plan the Mumbai terror attacks.
A Lake County jury has reached a verdict in the murder trial of Marni Yang, who is charged with the murder of former Chicago Bear Shaun Gayle’s pregnant girlfriend. The verdict will be read in court Tuesday evening.
- Woman Disputes Story Of Chicago Cop Who Shot Her DogTensions are boiling over in the Norwood Park neighborhood on Chicago's Northwest Side where an off-duty Chicago police officer shot and killed a dog, reports WBBM's Nancy Harty.189
- 3 Critically Hurt In Kennedy CrashThree people were critically injured in a crash on the Kennedy Expressway on the Northwest Side Sunday morning.271
- Woman Found Dead At O’HareA woman was found dead near a bus stop at O’Hare International Airport Saturday, authorities said.308
- Toddler Reunited With ParentsPolice on Sunday were looking for the parents or guardians of a little boy who was found in the West Side Douglas Park neighborhood.233
- A Dozen Illinoisans Come Within One Number Of $600M Powerball JackpotOne number in Saturday night’s Powerball drawing was the difference for a dozen Illinois players between being $10,000 richer and living the life of a multi-millionaire.389
- 12 Arrested After Youth ‘Flash Mobs’ Erupt On Michigan AvenueOne adult and 11 juveniles were arrested Saturday night after police responded to groups of teens running through traffic around North Michigan Avenue on the Gold Coast.410
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- OREO Text-In Giveaway May 6, 2013The OREO King Size single serve packs are ideal for on the go snacking and sharing. To celebrate OREO King Size packs, text the keyword “OREO” to 67011 to enter for your chance to win a $250 Visa gift card!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!