Congressman Dan Lipinski (D-IL) has written to the Federal Aviation Administration, questioning why Midway International Airport has been placed on a list of 72 airports where air traffic control towers could be closed overnight.
The North Side’s Argyle Red Line stop will close for up to six weeks starting Friday as crews work on long overdue repairs to the century-old station.
About 50 people filed into the South Shore Cultural Center Monday to sound off on the Chicago Transit Authority’s plan to shut down the south branch of the Red Line for five months next spring.
An additional mile of Lake Shore Drive north all the way to Navy Pier will be closed beginning Sunday afternoon.
Gov. Pat Quinn signed a budget deal into effect Monday aimed at avoiding the closure of seven mental health centers.
Employees celebrated at a South Size Pizza Hut Tuesday, after it was announced that a number of restaurants in danger of closing will remain open after all.
There is hope for the seven state facilities that Gov. Pat Quinn wants to close.
Madison Street is now closed between Canal and Franklin streets downtown, as Phase 2 of the Wacker Drive reconstruction project begins.
Questions persist about why North Avenue Beach was really closed on Memorial Day. Emergency calls made that day seems to suggest concerns about the crowds, not the heat.
A lot of residents and beachgoers still are not buying the city’s version of events about why the city closed the North Avenue Beach on Memorial Day.
Reporters wanted to know today whether it was really flash mob gang activity – not cases of heat exhaustion – that closed North Avenue Beach earlier this week.
Finance Station N at 2148 E. 71st St. will close on May 13, according to a release from the USPS.
The South Branch of the Evanston Public Library, one of the north suburb’s three library locations, will be closing.
The second phase of Wacker Drive reconstruction begins today, and several streets are already closed.
As the new year arrives, so will a new portion of the Wacker Drive reconstruction project.
- Police: Man Killed In Jump From Gold Coast BuildingA man jumped to his death early Tuesday from the Gold Coast high-rise building where he lived, authorities said.303
- Police: Man Touches Woman’s Leg At South Loop CTA StationPolice are looking for man who inappropriately touched a woman at a South Loop CTA station Tuesday morning.147
- Rapper Chief Keef Arrested In Georgia Hotel After Staff Smells MarijuanaChicago rapper Chief Keef makes no secret of his fondness for marijuana. The staff at the swanky LeMeridien Atlanta Perimeter hotel doesn’t share that fondness.144
- Florida Man Pleads Guilty In Fatal Stabbing Of Bears FanA Florida man has pleaded guilty to fatally stabbing a Bears fan who traveled to Jacksonville to see the Bears take on the Jaguars in October.619
- Man Critically Hurt In Jump From 3rd Floor Of HospitalA man was critically injured after attempting to jump from the window of a hospital Tuesday in the South Side Englewood neighborhood.201
- History Of Tornadoes In Chicago AreaTwisters with that kind of force that flattened Moore, Okla., have hit the Chicago area in the past, and have been extremely deadly.593
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!