The recipe for The Maiden and the Huntsman is as follows: 2 oz Campo de Encanto Pisco .5 oz fresh lime juice .5 oz simple syrup 1.5 oz pear/caraway nectar .5 drops of Angostura Bitters […]
This holiday season, try these five drink ideas from two Chicago mixologists.
Nightlife in Chicago doesn’t always have to consist of overpriced drinks and unbearable crowds. Check out some local bars in Chicago that cater to College students from the featured games to the drink specials.
The best pool halls in Chicago have a relaxed and casual atmosphere that lets you shoot some pool solo or with a group of friends. Check out these five affordable spots that you can play pool for fun or competition.
Have you been rocking out into a hairbrush in front of the bathroom mirror for as long as you can remember? Working hard on your stage presence in private? Take your passions out in to the open and perform with a live band.
These happy hour hotspots in Chicago will provide you with great drink specials that are shared in high quality company at little cost.
Celebrating at the Pride Parade won’t be complete without finding some good grub in the area to share with friends. These local restaurants are all just steps away from the festivities.
Get ready to party during Pride Weekend in Chicago. Who says you need to turn in early during Pride Weekend? Check out these nightclubs and bars to keep partying into the early hours.
Looking for great food and drinks to enjoy alongside the company of like-minded, free-thinkers such as yourself? Then look no further than this list of awesome haunts to enjoy just that.
Looking to get your rumba, salsa, or tango on? Chicago is no stranger to great live Latin music. Be sure to check out any of the following Chicago venues; they all offer the chance to enjoy free live music in a casual atmosphere. Brush up on Latin moves, put your dancing shoes on and go check out one of these local hotspots.
Watch UFC fights on big screen televisions while enjoying beer and food at any of these local bars in Chicago.
Mixology has been stepped up a notch thanks to these Chicago bars and their signature rum cocktails.
When one of the arguably greatest chefs in the world opens a cocktail joint, expectations are inevitably high. Grant Achatz, the former French Laundry study and mastermind behind Alinea and Next, brings his imaginative take on food and drink to his cocktail bar, the Aviary.
One of Potter Lounge’s excellent cocktails, the Treetini, isn’t just a nicely balanced sip—when you order one, Illinois-based sustainability company Live It Green plants a tree in an area of the world where it’s most needed, like India or Brazil. Patrick Hoyne, the mixologist at Potter’s Lounge, shared his Treetini recipe so you can make one at home…
You’ve been to Big Star for awesome tacos and other Mexican dishes, now swing by the Wicker Park joint for champurrado, a warming chocolate drink. CBSChicago.com recently caught up with Justin Large, chef de cuisine at Big Star, to learn how to make the drink at home.
When five o’clock hits and you don’t want to go straight home, happy hour is the perfect solution. Skip sugary bombs and limp wings and check out our monthly pick for an affordable, delicious happy hour.
The seriously good Italian-influenced menu at Ceres’ Table is worth a trip to Ravenswood (for the pumpkin ravioli alone!), and the cocktail menu is stacked with well-made drinks. One of their winter drinks, Ceres’ Holiday Eggnog, is a treat even after the holidays are over…
At the Trump Hotel’s Rebar, inventive sushi rolls and tasty cocktails go hand in hand. At a recent tasting of the new menus, Manager Michael Koury served Le Poire Haute, an elegant blend of pear vodka, amaretto, and pear puree, which you can easily shake up at home to serve at holiday parties.
Bangers and Lace’s cocktail The Little Destroyer is perfect for nights when it’s too cold to venture outside for a drink.
America’s traditional colors are red, white and blue, and you can take your Fourth of July picnic, barbeque or pool party to the next level by serving Independence Day themed cuisine! All of these easy-to-make […]
- Weekend Death Toll Rises To 8 After Two Men Die Of Gunshot InjuriesTwo men critically wounded in weekend shootings died Monday, raising the death toll for 2013’s most violent weekend to eight. At least 39 other people were wounded in shootings across the city, authorities said.163
- Mystery Substance Prompts Closure Of Indiana BeachSwimmers have been ordered out of Lake Michigan at Porter Beach because of a substance in the water. WBBM's Nancy Harty has more.216
- Man Dies After His Head Is Impaled On Fence During FightA man was murdered Sunday night by someone who struck him in the head, causing him to become impaled on a wrought iron fence in the South Side Burnside neighborhood.319
- Indiana Woman Who Received Death Sentence At 16 Released From PrisonThe first taste of freedom in 27 years, that's what a 43-year-old woman from Gary, Indiana is enjoying tonight, after going to prison for murder. Roseanne Tellez reports, she has an unlikely supporter as she starts her new life: her victim's grandson.263
- Chief Keef Pleads Guilty To Speeding, Faces Second Paternity SuitChicago rapper Chief Keef was served Monday in a second paternity lawsuit as he appeared in a Cook County courtroom to plead guilty to a speeding violation, the Sun-Times is reporting.257
- Four Contract E Coli After Eating At Lombard RestaurantFour people contracted E. coli after eating at a west suburban restaurant, which has since been closed, DuPage County health officials said.322
- Win $1,000 In Gas From Hyundai! June 17, 2013Enter to win $1,000 in free gas from Hyundai! What’s better than free gas? How about the 2013 Sonata Hybrid Limited with an EPA-Estimated 38 MPG Highway! 28 City/38 Hwy. EPA Estimates. For comparison only. Actual mileage may vary.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!