Scattered showers for the rest of today will give way to a nice, warm, sunny Thursday–but that won’t last into the weekend.
Don’t get used to the sunny skies and pleasant temperatures that were dominating the Chicago area in the midday hours.
The clouds that dominated the area Tuesday morning will break in the afternoon, while highs reach a comfortable 76 degrees.
The gloomy skies and bone-chilling rain have moved on their way, and a beautiful Friday is set to give way to a beautiful weekend.
The week has been sunny, clear and temperate so far, but all good things must come to an end.
The showers that made this Friday morning gloomy have largely moved on their way, but look for a major drop in the temperature accompanying the sunny skies when the weekend begins.
If you’re an early-shifter, you might have gotten drenched by pouring rain on the way to work Tuesday. You won’t have that problem again for the rest of the day. But you’d be well advised to bring your umbrella with you on Wednesday.
Menacing clouds, lightning and heavy rain swept through Chicago just in time for the morning rush Thursday, and more rain may be coming.
Rain moved through the area Wednesday morning, but conditions are expected to be at least partly sunny for the afternoon as the heat returns to midsummer highs.
Conditions will be idyllic as the work week comes to an end, but come the weekend, there is a chance of rain that could come when the Gay Pride Parade is in progress.
The temperature has been cut significantly – although it’s still plenty summery. And the clouds will give way to clear skies later in the day.
The tension between police and protesters in 90-plus degree heat is behind us now, as temperatures Monday struggle even to reach the 60s.
Conditions will be chilly and dreary for the rest of the day, and you might want to press your fireplace into service when the weekend comes around.
Rain will continue through the midday hours Wednesday, and thunderstorms could be cracking through the area later in the afternoon.
Rain is expected for the entire Chicago area Thursday afternoon, but temperatures are as warm as the 70s in some areas and as cold as the 40s in others.
CHICAGO (CBS) — Temperatures were mild and pleasant with just a little bit of cloud cover in the midday hours Wednesday, but rain will be coming as a cold front arrives late in the day. […]
Temperatures will be quite a bit cooler along the lakefront than in inland areas Friday afternoon, but CBS 2 Meteorologist Megan Glaros says it’s only the difference between a nice day and a nicer day.
Chicago city residents might need a light jacket later in the day Thursday, but areas farther west will continue to experience summertime temperatures in what is technically still winter.
The temperature Wednesday will climb to surpass the balmy conditions seen across the area a day earlier.
Clouds and patchy fog will continue through the afternoon, as temperatures once again top out in the 40s.
- Woman Disputes Story Of Chicago Cop Who Shot Her DogTensions are boiling over in the Norwood Park neighborhood on Chicago's Northwest Side where an off-duty Chicago police officer shot and killed a dog, reports WBBM's Nancy Harty.189
- 3 Critically Hurt In Kennedy CrashThree people were critically injured in a crash on the Kennedy Expressway on the Northwest Side Sunday morning.271
- Woman Found Dead At O’HareA woman was found dead near a bus stop at O’Hare International Airport Saturday, authorities said.308
- Toddler Reunited With ParentsPolice on Sunday were looking for the parents or guardians of a little boy who was found in the West Side Douglas Park neighborhood.233
- A Dozen Illinoisans Come Within One Number Of $600M Powerball JackpotOne number in Saturday night’s Powerball drawing was the difference for a dozen Illinois players between being $10,000 richer and living the life of a multi-millionaire.404
- 12 Arrested After Youth ‘Flash Mobs’ Erupt On Michigan AvenueOne adult and 11 juveniles were arrested Saturday night after police responded to groups of teens running through traffic around North Michigan Avenue on the Gold Coast.410
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!
- Miller Lite ‘Take Me Out To The Ballpark’ Ticket Giveaway April 26, 2013Join The Score this summer at various locations throughout the Chicagoland area for your chance to win one of twenty pairs of tickets to a future White Sox game!