Rain will give way to the cold.
The balmy 70-degree temperatures we saw on Sunday are a distant memory now, as a cold snap sets in and leaves temperatures hovering mostly in the 30s for the next couple of days.
Patches of snow flurries hit the Chicago area on Thursday, while temperatures reached their coldest levels since April.
A long-range forecast says a few months from now, we could be in for one of the snowiest winters in recent memory. And that prediction is for the year after the third heaviest blizzard in Chicago history.
With Chicagoans used to hot summer temperatures, it was a shock to the system to find temperatures in the 30s and wind chill values below freezing in some areas.
Not only has Chicago dealt with chilly rain, hail and even snow this week, but temperatures Tuesday were at their lowest for this late spring date since the 1940s.
Some animals suffer, while some persevere, as cold hits wildlife as well as the rest of us around Chicago.
The conditions were brutal Thursday , and city officials are again warning that being outside for any length of time is dangerous.
Conditions this morning are as dangerously cold as promised, and the city is ensuring everyone is safe.
The light snow lingering in the Chicago area Sunday night is expected to give way to bitter cold temperatures and strong winds.
Bitterly cold wind chills approaching minus 21 degrees are forecast to blow into the Chicago area starting Wednesday night, just as the massive blizzard leaves town.
Rising temperatures are expected to bring a light snow early Saturday in the Chicago area.
Chicago woke up this morning to subzero temperature readings and dangerous wind chills.
The mercury read 18 degrees in Chicago this morning, but that wasn’t enough to deter hundreds of cyclists for a Winter Bike to Work Day.
A deep freeze will be settling over the Chicago area starting Thursday evening, and you’re best advised to bundle up.
Did it feel like a heat wave on Monday with the middle 30s and rain instead of snow?
Expect frigid conditions for the Bears’ first playoff game Sunday.
A northwest suburban man who took a drunken fall at his home on New Year’s Day is at least the fifth Cook County resident to die of cold-related causes this winter season.
If you think it’s cold now, just wait. The forecast calls for sharply colder weather next week, with daytime temperatures barely above single digits.
The heavy snow showers that hit Chicago Saturday have left the area, but portions of northwest Indiana could see an additional eight inches of lake effect snow before the system completely passes Sunday afternoon.
- Teen Says He Got E. Coli From Burrito At Lombard RestaurantA local teen says he got sick because of a burrito he ate from a local restaurant that's now the focus of an e coli outbreak.158
- Natura Pet Issues New Dog And Cat Food RecallNebraska-based Natura Pet Products has announced a new voluntary recall of multiple brands of dry pet food and treats. The decision comes after a positive test for Salmonella on April 3.7491
- Bakery Blunder Makes ‘Cat Cake’ A Viral SensationOf all the cat memes on the Internet, this one takes the cake.900
- Search Dog Tracks Missing Student To LakefrontVolunteers, friends and family were out in force Tuesday morning, resuming the search for a missing University of Chicago student.586
- Initial Tests ID Glittery Substance Along BeachIndiana environmental officials were investigating whether a Porter County manufacturer was responsible for a slick of glittery material that kept many swimmers out of Porter Beach on Monday.1095
- Weekend Death Toll Rises To 8 After Two Men Die Of Gunshot InjuriesTwo men critically wounded in weekend shootings died Monday, raising the death toll for 2013’s most violent weekend to eight. At least 39 other people were wounded in shootings across the city, authorities said.163
- Win $1,000 In Gas From Hyundai! June 17, 2013Enter to win $1,000 in free gas from Hyundai! What’s better than free gas? How about the 2013 Elantra Limited with an EPA-Estimated 38 MPG Highway! 28 City/38 Hwy. EPA Estimates. For comparison only. Actual mileage may vary.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!