Both Republicans and Democrats are watching the gubernatorial recall election in Wisconsin very closely, as it could have implications for the presidential race.
Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker survived a historic recall election on Tuesday, beating Democratic challenger and Milwaukee Mayor Tom Barrett in his bid to keep his job after his controversial fight with labor unions over collective bargaining rights.
The elections board in Wisconsin has ordered a historic recall election against Republican Gov. Scott Walker.
NBA and players’ association representatives met for 15 hours Wednesday, and a published report says officials are hoping that a full season can be salvaged.
State lawmakers would have more control in collective bargaining for state workers under a proposal introduced by Illinois House Speaker Michael Madigan (D-Chicago).
A lawsuit that led to the release of hundreds of e-mails to Wisconsin’s Gov. Scott Walker has resulted in the resignation of a prosecutor in Indiana.
A Wisconsin judge has temporarily blocked the new law restricting unions that led 14 state senators to Illinois for weeks to avoid a vote.
The Democratic senators are back and Gov. Scott Walker’s budget plan has passed, but there is more trouble brewing now in Wisconsin.
Union leaders say they are mounting a major counter-attack against Republicans nationwide, after Wisconsin lawmakers succeeded in stripping nearly all collective bargaining rights.
The proposal to strip collective bargaining rights from state employees may have passed the Wisconsin senate, but the battle is far from over.
Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker is rejecting an offer by Democratic state senators to meet him at the Illinois-Wisconsin state line for a discussion ending the budget standoff.
The concept of a border summit might suggest an international relations discussion, or a meeting about the immigration debate.
The political standoff in Wisconsin didn’t appear any closer to ending on Saturday.
Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker and his Republican colleagues are threatening to send out police to detain and forcibly bring back the 14 absent Democratic state senators.
Democratic Wisconsin senators are still hiding out in Illinois, as Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker prepares to present a budget that strips collective bargaining rights from most public employees.
Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker is warning Senate Democrats hiding out in Illinois that layoffs will happen if they don’t return to pass a budget bill by tomorrow.
Republicans in the Wisconsin State Assembly moved swiftly and passed a bill by Gov. Scott Walker, which would strip collective bargaining rights for most state employees.
Wisconsin state patrol officers are being sent to the homes of several Democratic state senators, in hopes that they will come back for a vote on the controversial budget bill.
Wisconsin Assembly Speaker Jeff Fitzgerald (R-Horicon) said Wednesday that he wants a vote by the day’s end on a bill to strip collective bargaining rights from public employees.
There seems to be no end in sight to the deadlock over the budget bill in Wisconsin that would strip collective bargaining rights from union members.
- Board Votes To Close 49 Chicago Elementary SchoolsThe Chicago Board of Education on Wednesday voted to close 49 elementary schools, in what is believed to be the biggest single mass shutdown of schools in U.S. history.2074
- Lockdown Lifted At Morton West High SchoolMorton West High School has been placed on lock down for precautionary reasons after an unknown individual entered the building.558
- Former Glenbard East Student Accused Of Planning Columbine-Type AttackA 19-year-old former student at Glenbard East High School in Lombard was in custody on Wednesday, accused of planning a "Columbine-style" attack on the school, with a list of people he wanted to target.533
- Woman Robs North Side BankA woman robbed a Lakeview bank Tuesday afternoon on the city’s North Side.262
- Four Schools To Be Spared From Closing; Another To Be DelayedHours before a final vote by the Chicago Board of Education, Chicago Public Schools officials have agreed to back off of plans to close four of the 53 elementary schools targeted for closing at the end of the school year, Board Vice President Jesse Ruiz confirmed Wednesday morning.415
- Boy, 17, Fatally Shot In Back Of The YardsA teenage boy was fatally shot in the South Side Back of the Yards neighborhood Tuesday evening, police said.147
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!